Consumption and habit formation when time horizon is finite
This paper provides a closed-form solution under labour uncertainty for optimal consumption and the value function in a finite horizon life-cycle model with habit persistence.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carrasco, Raquel & Labeaga Azcona, J Maria & López-Salido, J David, 2002.
"Consumption and Habits: Evidence from Panel Data,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3520, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria, 1997. "Consumption, saving and habit formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 103-108, August.
- Gabriella Berloffa & Peter Simmons, 2003.
"Unemployment Risk, Labour Force Participation and Savings,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(3), pages 521-539, 07.
- Gabriella Berloffa & Peter Simmons, 2003. "Unemployment Risk, Labour Force Participation and Savings," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 521-539.
- Gabriella Berloffa & Peter Simmons, 1999. "Unemployment risk, labour force participation and savings," Department of Economics Working Papers 9902, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Gabriella Berloffa & Peter Simmons, . "Unemployment Risk, Labour Force Participation and Savings," Discussion Papers 97/7, Department of Economics, University of York.
- de la Croix, David & Michel, Philippe, 1997.
"Optimal growth when tastes are inherited,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1997012, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Jun 1997.
- De La Croix, D. & Michel, P., 1997. "Optimal Growth when Tastes are Inherited," ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica 168, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- de La Croix, D. & Michel, P., 1997. "Optimal Growth When Tastes Are Inherited," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 97a21, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Alessie, R.J.M. & Teppa, F., 2002. "Saving and Habit Formation : Evidence from Dutch Panel Data," Discussion Paper 2002-62, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Alessandra Guariglia, 2002. "Consumption, habit formation, and precautionary saving: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Meghir, Costas & Weber, Guglielmo, 1996. "Intertemporal Nonseparability or Borrowing Restrictions? A Disaggregate Analysis Using a U.S. Consumption Panel," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1151-81, September.
- Viola Angelini & Peter Simmons, . "Housing Debt, Employment Risk and Consumption," Discussion Papers 05/07, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Karen E. Dynan, 2000. "Habit Formation in Consumer Preferences: Evidence from Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 391-406, June.
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Jordi Caballé & Xavier Raurich, 2007.
"Aspirations, Habit Formation, and Bequest Motive,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(520), pages 813-836, 04.
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Jordi Caballe & Xavier Raurich, 2004. "Aspirations, Habit Formation, and Bequest Motive," Working Papers 136, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Jordi Caballé & Xavier Raurich, 2004. "Aspirations, Habit Formation, and Bequest Motive," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 641.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Caballero, Ricardo J, 1991. "Earnings Uncertainty and Aggregate Wealth Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 859-71, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:103:y:2009:i:2:p:113-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.