The role of human, social, built, and natural capital in explaining life satisfaction at the country level: Toward a National Well-Being Index (NWI)
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Welsch, Heinz, 2002. "Preferences over Prosperity and Pollution: Environmental Valuation Based on Happiness Surveys," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 473-94.
- Oswald, Andrew, 1997.
"Happiness and Economic Performance,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
478, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Helliwell, John F., 2003.
"How's life? Combining individual and national variables to explain subjective well-being,"
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 331-360, March.
- John F. Helliwell, 2002. "How's Life? Combining Individual and National Variables to Explain Subjective Well-Being," NBER Working Papers 9065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ed Diener & Eunkook Suh & Heidi Smith & Liang Shao, 1995. "National differences in reported subjective well-being: Why do they occur?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 7-32, January.
- A S Fotheringham & D W S Wong, 1991. "The modifiable areal unit problem in multivariate statistical analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(7), pages 1025-1044, July.
- Robert Cummins, 1996. "The domains of life satisfaction: An attempt to order chaos," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 303-328, January.
- C G Amrhein, 1995. "Searching for the elusive aggregation effect: evidence from statistical simulations," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(1), pages 105-119, January.
- Robert Cummins, 1998. "The Second Approximation to an International Standard for Life Satisfaction," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 307-334, March.
- Richard Eckersley, 2000. "The State and Fate of Nations: Implications of Subjective Measures of Personal and Social Quality of Life," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 3-27, October.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Sutton, Paul C. & Costanza, Robert, 2002. "Global estimates of market and non-market values derived from nighttime satellite imagery, land cover, and ecosystem service valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 509-527, June.
- Lester Milbrath, 1982. "A conceptualization and research strategy for the study of ecological aspects of the quality of life," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 133-157, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:58:y:2006:i:1:p:119-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.