Should we pursue measurement of the natural capital stock?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- England, Richard W., 1998. "Measurement of social well-being: alternatives to gross domestic product," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 89-103, April.
- Ayres, Robert U., 1996. "Statistical measures of unsustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 239-255, March.
- Faber, Malte & Manstetten, Reiner & Proops, John L. R., 1995. "On the conceptual foundations of ecological economics: A teleological approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 41-54, January.
- Victor, Peter A., 1991. "Indicators of sustainable development: some lessons from capital theory," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 191-213, December.
- Hinterberger, Friedrich & Luks, Fred & Schmidt-Bleek, Friedrich, 1997. "Material flows vs. 'natural capital': What makes an economy sustainable?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-14, October.
- Harte, M. J., 1995. "Ecology, sustainability, and environment as capital," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 157-164, November.
- Perrings,Charles, 1987. "Economy and Environment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521340816.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodrigues, João & Domingos, Tiago & Conceição, Pedro & Belbute, José, 2005.
"Constraints on dematerialisation and allocation of natural capital along a sustainable growth path,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 382-396, September.
- José Manuel Madeira Belbute & João Rodrigues & Tiago Domingos & Pedro Conceição, 2003. "Constraints on Dematerialisation and Allocation of Natural Capital along a Sustainable Growth Path," Economics Working Papers 1_2003, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Petar Kurecic & Filip Kokotovic, 2017. "Examining the "Natural Resource Curse" and the Impact of Various Forms of Capital in Small Tourism and Natural Resource-Dependent Economies," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, February.
- England, Richard W., 2000. "Natural capital and the theory of economic growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 425-431, September.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2000. "On the methodology of ISEW, GPI and related measures: some constructive suggestions and some doubt on the 'threshold' hypothesis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 347-361, September.
- Kraev, Egor, 2002. "Stocks, flows and complementarity: formalizing a basic insight of ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 277-286, December.
- de Wit, Maarten J., 2005. "Valuing copper mined from ore deposits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 437-443, November.
- Sacchelli, Sandro & De Meo, Isabella & Paletto, Alessandro, 2013. "Bioenergy production and forest multifunctionality: A trade-off analysis using multiscale GIS model in a case study in Italy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 10-20.
- Bergstrom, John C., 2001.
"The Role And Value Of Natural Capital In Regional Landscapes,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(02), August.
- Bergstrom, John C., 2001. "The Role and Value of Natural Capital in Regional Landscapes," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(02), pages 283-296, August.
- Yosef Jabareen, 2008. "A New Conceptual Framework for Sustainable Development," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 179-192, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:27:y:1998:i:3:p:257-266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.