A New Conceptual Framework for Sustainable Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- van Geldrop, Jan & Withagen, Cees, 2000. "Natural capital and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 445-455, March.
- Hinterberger, Friedrich & Luks, Fred & Schmidt-Bleek, Friedrich, 1997. "Material flows vs. 'natural capital': What makes an economy sustainable?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-14, October.
- Mozaffar Qizilbash, 1996. "Capabilities, well-being and human development: A survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-162.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2001. "The human development index and sustainability -- a constructive proposal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 101-114, October.
- Yosef Jabareen, 2004. "A knowledge map for describing variegated and conflict domains of sustainable development," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(4), pages 623-642.
- Boyce, James K., 1994. "Inequality as a cause of environmental degradation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 169-178, December.
- Guy Baeten, 2000. "The Tragedy of the Highway: Empowerment, Disempowerment and the Politics of Sustainability Discourses and Practices," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 69-86, February.
- James Boyce, 1994. "Inequality as a Cause of Environmental Degradation," Published Studies ps1, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Collados, Cecilia & Duane, Timothy P., 1999. "Natural capital and quality of life: a model for evaluating the sustainability of alternative regional development paths," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 441-460, September.
- Stymne, Susanna & Jackson, Tim, 2000. "Intra-generational equity and sustainable welfare: a time series analysis for the UK and Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 219-236, May.
- Boyce, James K. & Klemer, Andrew R. & Templet, Paul H. & Willis, Cleve E., 1999. "Power distribution, the environment, and public health: A state-level analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 127-140, April.
- England, Richard W., 1998. "Should we pursue measurement of the natural capital stock?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 257-266, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13032 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1121-:d:102830 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:endesu:v:20:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9881-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Courtney Fidler, 2010. "Increasing the sustainability of a resource development: Aboriginal engagement and negotiated agreements," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 233-244, April.
- Makena Coffman & Karen Umemoto, 2010. "The triple-bottom-line: framing of trade-offs in sustainability planning practice," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 597-610, October.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:20:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9878-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maggi W.H. Leung, 2013. "Unraveling the Skilled Mobility for Sustainable Development Mantra: An Analysis of China-EU Academic Mobility," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Liisa Häikiö, 2014. "Institutionalization of Sustainable Development in Decision-Making and Everyday Life Practices: A Critical View on the Finnish Case," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(9), pages 1-16, August.
- Yosef Jabareen, 2014. "An Assessment Framework for Cities Coping with Climate Change: The Case of New York City and its PlaNYC 2030," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(9), pages 1-22, September.
- Miro Ristimäki & Seppo Junnila, 2015. "Sustainable Urban Development Calls for Responsibility through Life Cycle Management," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-25, September.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:416:d:69181 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicos A. Scordis & Yoshihiko Suzawa & Astrid Zwick & Lucia Ruckner, 2014. "Principles for Sustainable Insurance: Risk Management and Value," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 17(2), pages 265-276, September.
- Qianna Wang & Martin Mwirigi M'Ikiugu & Isami Kinoshita, 2014. "A GIS-Based Approach in Support of Spatial Planning for Renewable Energy: A Case Study of Fukushima, Japan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-31, April.
- Liviu Moldovan, 2015. "Sustainability Assessment Framework for VET Organizations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-19, June.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1046-:d:101639 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9764-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Efrat Eizenberg & Yosef Jabareen, 2017. "Social Sustainability: A New Conceptual Framework," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Nasrin Aghamohammadi & Stacy Simai Reginald & Ahmad Shamiri & Ali Akbar Zinatizadeh & Li Ping Wong & Nik Meriam Binti Nik Sulaiman, 2016. "An Investigation of Sustainable Power Generation from Oil Palm Biomass: A Case Study in Sarawak," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-19, April.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:35:y:2011:i:3:p:176-186 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1480-:d:145229 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yosef Jabareen, 2012. "Towards a Sustainability Education Framework: Challenges, Concepts and Strategies—The Contribution from Urban Planning Perspectives," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(9), pages 1-23, September.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:245-256 is not listed on IDEAS
- Céline Berrier-Lucas & Alexandre Rambaud, 2013. "Ontological approach of corporate sustainability: Proposal for a shift," Post-Print hal-01630367, HAL.
- Marcos Roberto Kuhl & JoÃ£o Carlos da Cunha & Marlete Beatriz MaÃ§aneiro & Sieglinde Kindl da Cunha, 2016. "Collaboration for Innovation and Sustainable Performance: Evidence of Relationship in Electro-Electronic Industry," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 13(3), pages 1-25, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13043 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsConceptual Framework; Eco-form; Equity; Integrative Management; Global Agenda; Sustainable Development; Utopianism;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:10:y:2008:i:2:p:179-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.