Circular, Green, and Bio Economy: How Do Companies in Land-Use Intensive Sectors Align with Sustainability Concepts?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giovanna Michelon & Antonio Parbonetti, 2012. "The effect of corporate governance on sustainability disclosure," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(3), pages 477-509, August.
- Matteo De Besi & Kes McCormick, 2015. "Towards a Bioeconomy in Europe: National, Regional and Industrial Strategies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-18, August.
- Swinda F. Pfau & Janneke E. Hagens & Ben Dankbaar & Antoine J. M. Smits, 2014. "Visions of Sustainability in Bioeconomy Research," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-28, March.
- Nadja Guenster & Rob Bauer & Jeroen Derwall & Kees Koedijk, 2011. "The Economic Value of Corporate Ecoâ€ Efficiency," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 17(4), pages 679-704, September.
- Markus Milne & Rob Gray, 2013. "W(h)ither Ecology? The Triple Bottom Line, the Global Reporting Initiative, and Corporate Sustainability Reporting," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 13-29, November.
- Gail Whiteman & Brian Walker & Paolo Perego, 2013. "Planetary Boundaries: Ecological Foundations for Corporate Sustainability," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 307-336, March.
- Buch-Hansen, Hubert, 2018. "The Prerequisites for a Degrowth Paradigm Shift: Insights from Critical Political Economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 157-163.
- Málovics, György & Csigéné, Noémi Nagypál & Kraus, Sascha, 2008. "The role of corporate social responsibility in strong sustainability," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 907-918, June.
- D. D’Amato & M. Wan & N. Li & M. Rekola & A. Toppinen, 2018. "Managerial Views of Corporate Impacts and Dependencies on Ecosystem Services: A Case of International and Domestic Forestry Companies in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 150(4), pages 1011-1028, July.
- LÃ¤htinen, Katja & Guan, Yucong & Li, Ning & Toppinen, Anne, 2016. "Biodiversity and ecosystem services in supply chain management in the global forest industry," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(PA), pages 130-140.
- Merriam Haffar & Cory Searcy, 2018. "Target‐setting for ecological resilience: Are companies setting environmental sustainability targets in line with planetary thresholds?," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(7), pages 1079-1092, November.
- Dâ€™Amato, D. & Li, N. & Rekola, M. & Toppinen, A. & Lu, F-F., 2015. "Linking forest ecosystem services to corporate sustainability disclosure: A conceptual analysis," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 170-178.
- Vildåsen, Sigurd Sagen & Keitsch, Martina & Fet, Annik Magerholm, 2017. "Clarifying the Epistemology of Corporate Sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 40-46.
- Blasi, Silvia & Caporin, Massimiliano & Fontini, Fulvio, 2018. "A Multidimensional Analysis of the Relationship Between Corporate Social Responsibility and Firms' Economic Performance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 218-229.
- Regina Scheyvens & Glenn Banks & Emma Hughes, 2016. "The Private Sector and the SDGs: The Need to Move Beyond ‘Business as Usual’," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 371-382, November.
- Tim Jackson, 2011. "Societal transformations for a sustainable economy," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 155-164, August.
- Abson, D.J. & von Wehrden, H. & Baumgärtner, S. & Fischer, J. & Hanspach, J. & Härdtle, W. & Heinrichs, H. & Klein, A.M. & Lang, D.J. & Martens, P. & Walmsley, D., 2014. "Ecosystem services as a boundary object for sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 29-37.
- Korhonen, Jouni & Honkasalo, Antero & Seppälä, Jyri, 2018. "Circular Economy: The Concept and its Limitations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 37-46.
- Giuseppe Munda, 1997. "Environmental Economics, Ecological Economics, and the Concept of Sustainable Development," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 6(2), pages 213-233, May.
- Guido Palazzo & Andreas Scherer, 2006. "Corporate Legitimacy as Deliberation: A Communicative Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 71-88, June.
- Joseph, Corina & Taplin, Ross, 2011. "The measurement of sustainability disclosure: Abundance versus occurrence," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-31.
- Markus M. Bugge & Teis Hansen & Antje Klitkou, 2016. "What Is the Bioeconomy? A Review of the Literature," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-22, July.
- Asada, Raphael & Stern, Tobias, 2018. "Competitive Bioeconomy? Comparing Bio-based and Non-bio-based Primary Sectors of the World," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 120-128.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fraccascia, Luca, 2020. "Quantifying the direct network effect for online platforms supporting industrial symbiosis: an agent-based simulation study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(C).
- Elena Ionașcu & Marilena Mironiuc & Ion Anghel & Maria Carmen Huian, 2020. "The Involvement of Real Estate Companies in Sustainable Development—An Analysis from the SDGs Reporting Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-24, January.
- D'Adamo, Idiano & Falcone, Pasquale Marcello & Morone, Piergiuseppe, 2020. "A New Socio-economic Indicator to Measure the Performance of Bioeconomy Sectors in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Yunxian Hou & Pengfei Chen, 2019. "Research on the Relationship between Price Mechanism and Short-Term Behavior in Chinese Farmland Trusteeships," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-16, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCircular economy; Bioeconomy; Green economy; Sustainability; Corporate sustainability; Corporate reporting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:158:y:2019:i:c:p:116-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.