Determinants of undergraduate GPAs: SAT scores, high-school GPA and high-school rank
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cohn, Elchanan & Cohn, Sharon, 1994. "Graphs and Learning in Principles of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 197-200, May.
- Elchanan Cohn & Sharon Cohn & Donald C. Balch & James Bradley, 2001. "Do Graphs Promote Learning in Principles of Economics?," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 299-310, January.
- William E. Becker, 1997. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1347-1373, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Contreras, Dante & Gallegos, Sebastian & Meneses, Francisco, 2009.
"Determinantes del desempeño universitario: ¿Importa la habilidad relativa?
[University performance determinants: does relative ability matter?]," MPRA Paper 23320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Black, Sandra E. & Lincove, Jane & Cullinane, Jennifer & Veron, Rachel, 2015.
"Can you leave high school behind?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 52-63.
- Black, Sandra E. & Lincove, Jane Arnold & Cullinane, Jenna & Veron, Rachel, 2014. "Can You Leave High School Behind?," IZA Discussion Papers 7899, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sandra E. Black & Jane Arnold Lincove & Jenna Cullinane & Rachel Veron, 2014. "Can You Leave High School Behind?," NBER Working Papers 19842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandra E. Black & Jane Arnold Lincove & Jenna Cullinane & Rachel Veron, 2014. "Can you Leave High School Behind?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4637, CESifo Group Munich.
- Limanond, Thirayoot & Jomnonkwao, Sajjakaj & Watthanaklang, Duangdao & Ratanavaraha, Vatanavongs & Siridhara, Siradol, 2011. "How vehicle ownership affect time utilization on study, leisure, social activities, and academic performance of university students? A case study of engineering freshmen in a rural university in Thail," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 719-726, September.
- Timothy M. Diette & Manu Raghav, 2014. "A Student’s Dilemma: Is There a Traoff-off Between a Higher Salary or Higher GPA," Working Papers 2014-01, DePauw University, Department of Economics and Management.
- By Vincenzo Carrieri & Marcello D’Amato & Roberto Zotti, 2015.
"On the causal effects of selective admission policies on students’ performances: evidence from a quasi-experiment in a large Italian university,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 1034-1056.
- Vincenzo Carrieri & Marcello D'Amato & Roberto Zotti, 2014. "On the Causal Effects of Selective Admission Policies on Students’ Performances. Evidence from a Quasi-experiment in a Large Italian University," CSEF Working Papers 381, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Cyrenne, Philippe & Chan, Alan, 2012.
"High school grades and university performance: A case study,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 524-542.
- Philippe Cyrenne & Alan Chan, 2010. "High School Grades and University Performance: A Case Study," Departmental Working Papers 2010-02, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Sezgin Polat & Jean-Jacques Paul, 2016. "How to predict university performance: a case study from a prestigious Turkish university?," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 11,in: José Manuel Cordero Ferrera & Rosa Simancas Rodríguez (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 11, edition 1, volume 11, chapter 22, pages 423-434 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- CARRIERI, Vincenzo & D'AMATO, Marcello & ZOTTI, Roberto, 2013. "Selective Admission Tests and Students' Performances. Evidence from a Natural Experiment in a Large Italian University," CELPE Working Papers 0/00, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Sandra E. Black & Kalena E. Cortes & Jane Arnold Lincove, 2014.
"Efficacy vs. Equity: What Happens When States Tinker with College Admissions in a Race-Blind Era?,"
NBER Working Papers
20804, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, Sandra E. & Cortes, Kalena E. & Lincove, Jane Arnold, 2014. "Efficacy vs. Equity: What Happens When States Tinker with College Admissions in a Race-Blind Era?," IZA Discussion Papers 8733, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tim Maloney & Kamakshi Singh, 2017. "Using Validated Measures of High School Academic Achievement to Predict University Success," Working Papers 2017-10 JEL Classificatio, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Guangliang, 2014. "Are all admission sub-tests created equal? — Evidence from a National Key University in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 600-617.
- Peter Orazem & Robert Jolly & Li Yu, 2015. "Once an entrepreneur, always an entrepreneur? The impacts of skills developed before, during and after college on firm start-ups," IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Elchanan Cohn & Eric Johnson, 2006. "Class Attendance and Performance in Principles of Economics," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 211-233.
- Gibbison, Godfrey A. & Henry, Tracyann L. & Perkins-Brown, Jayne, 2011. "The chicken soup effect: The role of recreation and intramural participation in boosting freshman grade point average," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 247-257, April.
- Joseph J. Sabia, 2007. "Reading, Writing, And Sex: The Effect Of Losing Virginity On Academic Performance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(4), pages 647-670, October.
- Kokkelenberg, Edward C. & Sinha, Esha, 2010. "Who succeeds in STEM studies? An analysis of Binghamton University undergraduate students," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 935-946, December.
- repec:dew:wpaper:2014-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mallik, Girijasankar & Shankar, Sriram, 2016. "Does prior knowledge of economics and higher level mathematics improve student learning in principles of economics?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 66-73.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:23:y:2004:i:6:p:577-586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.