The impact of convertible debt financing on investment timing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John C. Banko & Lei Zhou, 2010. "Callable Bonds Revisited," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 613-641, June.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1994.
" Corporate Debt Value, Bond Covenants, and Optimal Capital Structure,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1213-1252, September.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1994. "Corporate Debt Value, Bond Covenants, and Optimal Capital Structure," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-233, University of California at Berkeley.
- Christian Koziol, 2006. "Optimal Debt Service: Straight vs. Convertible Debt," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 58(2), pages 124-151, April.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Mauer, David C. & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2005. "Real options, agency conflicts, and optimal capital structure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1405-1428, June.
- Brennan, M J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1977. "Convertible Bonds: Valuation and Optimal Strategies for Call and Conversion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1699-1715, December.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Takao Kobayashi & Naruhisa Nakagawa, 2001. "Pricing Convertible Bonds with Default Risk: A Duffie-Singleton Approach," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-140, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Egami, Masahiko, 2010. "A game options approach to the investment problem with convertible debt financing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1456-1470, August.
- Sarkar, Sudipto, 2003. "Early and late calls of convertible bonds: Theory and evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1349-1374, July.
- Timo P. Korkeamaki & William T. Moore, 2004. "Convertible Bond Design and Capital Investment: The Role of Call Provisions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 391-405, February.
- Korkeamaki, Timo & Moore, William T., 2004. "Capital investment timing and convertible debt financing," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 75-85.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Letifi, N. & Prigent, J.-L., 2014. "On the optimality of funding and hiring/firing according to stochastic demand: The role of growth and shutdown options," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 410-422.
- Dandan Song & Zhaojun Yang, 2016. "Contingent Capital, Real Options, and Agency Costs," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 3-40, March.
- Jean-Laurent Viviani & Anh-Ngoc Lai & Waël Louhichi, 2017. "The impact of asymmetric ambiguity on investment and financing decisions," Post-Print halshs-01683841, HAL.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:169-180 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIrreversible investment; Convertible debt; Capital structure; Call provisions; Real options;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:29:y:2012:i:6:p:2407-2416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.