Subjective model selection rules versus passive model selection rules
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Clemhout, 1968. "The Class of Homothetic Isoquant Production Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 91-104.
- Ryu, Hang K. & Slottje, Daniel J., 1996. "Two flexible functional form approaches for approximating the Lorenz curve," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 251-274.
- Rossi, Peter E., 1985.
"Comparison of alternative functional forms in production,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 345-361.
- Peter E. Rossi, 1984. "Comparison of Alternative Functional Forms in Production," Discussion Papers 586, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Arnold Zellner & Hang Ryu, 1998. "Alternative functional forms for production, cost and returns to scale functions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 101-127.
- Diewert, W. E. & Avriel, M. & Zang, I., 1981. "Nine kinds of quasiconcavity and concavity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 397-420, December.
- Hang Ryu, 2009. "Economic assumptions and choice of functional forms: comparison of top down and bottom up approaches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 55-62, August.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Jungsoo Park & Hang Ryu, 2006. "Accumulation, Technical Progress, and Increasing Returns in the Economic Growth of East Asia," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 243-255, June.
- Ryu, Hang K., 1993. "Maximum entropy estimation of density and regression functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 397-440, April.
- Revankar, Nagesh S, 1971. "A Class of Variable Elasticity of Substitution Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 61-71, January.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel & Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "A Survey of Functional Forms in the Economic Analysis of Production," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters,in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 4 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Golub, Gene H., 1984.
"Imposing curvature restrictions on flexible functional forms,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 295-321, December.
- A. Ronald Gallant & Gene H. Golub, 1982. "Imposing Curvature Restrictions on Flexible Functional Forms," Discussion Papers 538, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Barnett, William A. & Jonas, Andrew B., 1983. "The Muntz-Szatz demand system : An application of a globally well behaved series expansion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 337-342.
- A. Zellner & N. S. Revankar, 1969. "Generalized Production Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 241-250.
- Geweke, John, 1986. "Exact Inference in the Inequality Constrained Normal Linear Regression Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(2), pages 127-141, April.
- Apostolos Serletis & Asghar Shahmoradi, 2006.
"Semi-Nonparametric Estimates of the Demand for Money in the United States,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Money And The Economy, chapter 14, pages 278-298
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Asghar, 2005. "Semi-Nonparametric Estimates Of The Demand For Money In The United States," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 542-559, September.
- Ryuzo Sato, 1980. "The Impact of Technical Change on the Holotheticity of Production Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 767-776.
- Diewert, W E, 1971. "An Application of the Shephard Duality Theorem: A Generalized Leontief Production Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 481-507, May-June.
More about this item
KeywordsSubjective model selection rule; Passive model selection rule; Regularity; Globally flexible functional form;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:28:y:2011:i:1:p:459-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .