Maximum entropy estimation of density and regression functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ryu, Hang K. & Slottje, Daniel J., 1996. "Two flexible functional form approaches for approximating the Lorenz curve," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 251-274.
- Hang K. Ryu & Daniel J. Slottje & Michael McAleer, 2017.
"A New Inequality Measure that is Sensitive to Extreme Values and Asymmetries,"
Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE
2017-25, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- McAleer, M.J. & Ryu, H.K. & Slottje, D.J., 2017. "A New Inequality Measure that is Sensitive to Extreme Values and Asymmetries," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2017-28, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Michael McAler & Hang K. Ryu & Daniel J. Slottje, 2017. "A New Inequality Measure that is Sensitive to Extreme Values and Asymmetries," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-102/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Khosravi Tanak, A. & Mohtashami Borzadaran, G.R. & Ahmadi, J., 2017. "Maximum Tsallis entropy with generalized Gini and Gini mean difference indices constraints," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 471(C), pages 554-560.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1996. "Models, prior information, and Bayesian analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 51-68, November.
- repec:wyi:journl:002099 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhati, Avinash, 2007. "Learning from multiple analogies: an Information Theoretic framework for predicting criminal recidivism," MPRA Paper 11850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hang Ryu, 2009. "Economic assumptions and choice of functional forms: comparison of top down and bottom up approaches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 55-62, August.
- Miller, Douglas J. & Liu, Wei-han, 2002. "On the recovery of joint distributions from limited information," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 259-274, March.
- Ryu, Hang K. & Slottje, Daniel J., 2000. "Estimating the density of unemployment duration based on contaminated samples or small samples," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 131-156, March.
- Ryu, Hang Keun, 2013. "A bottom poor sensitive Gini coefficient and maximum entropy estimation of income distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 370-374.
- Ryu, Hang Keun, 2011. "Subjective model selection rules versus passive model selection rules," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 459-472.
- Dukkipati, Ambedkar & Bhatnagar, Shalabh & Murty, M. Narasimha, 2007. "On measure-theoretic aspects of nonextensive entropy functionals and corresponding maximum entropy prescriptions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 384(2), pages 758-774.
- LaFrance, J. T. & Beatty, T. K. M. & Pope, R. D. & Agnew, G. K., 2002. "Information theoretic measures of the income distribution in food demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 235-257, March.
- Ryu, Hang Keun, 2011. "Subjective model selection rules versus passive model selection rules," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 459-472, January.
- repec:eee:econom:v:199:y:2017:i:2:p:221-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Park, Sung Y. & Bera, Anil K., 2009. "Maximum entropy autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 219-230, June.
- Chu, Ba, 2011. "Recovering copulas from limited information and an application to asset allocation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1824-1842, July.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ron C., 2003. "Bayesian bootstrap multivariate regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 241-264, February.
- Bhati, Avinash, 2009. "Motivational structures underlying judicial discretion: An information theoretic investigation," MPRA Paper 57834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Domenico Di Gangi & Fabrizio Lillo & Davide Pirino, 2015. "Assessing systemic risk due to fire sales spillover through maximum entropy network reconstruction," Papers 1509.00607, arXiv.org.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:56:y:1993:i:3:p:397-440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.