A DEA model for resource allocation
This paper concerns inverse DEA. The aim is to estimate input/output levels of a given Decision Making Unit (DMU) when some or all of its input/output levels are changed, under preserving the efficiency index. We show that in the case of estimating increased required input vector when the output vector is increased, the current method which uses weakly efficient solution of the relevant multiple objective optimization problem may fail. We propose some sufficient conditions for input estimation.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1985. " Nonparametric Cost Approach to Scale Efficiency," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 594-604.
- Tu, Ta Van, 2000. "Optimization over the efficient set of a parametric multiple objective linear programming problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(3), pages 570-583, May.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Yan, Hong & Wei, Quanling & Hao, Gang, 2002. "DEA models for resource reallocation and production input/output estimation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 19-31, January.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:25:y:2008:i:5:p:983-993. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.