Robust measurement of (heavy-tailed) risks: Theory and implementation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2006.
"Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1447-1498, November.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 12, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2006.
- Asger Lunde & Peter R. Hansen, 2005.
"A forecast comparison of volatility models: does anything beat a GARCH(1,1)?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 873-889.
- Asger Lunde & Peter Reinhard Hansen, 2001. "A Forecast Comparison of Volatility Models: Does Anything Beat a GARCH(1,1)?," Working Papers 2001-04, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Aharon Ben-Tal & Dick den Hertog & Anja De Waegenaere & Bertrand Melenberg & Gijs Rennen, 2013.
"Robust Solutions of Optimization Problems Affected by Uncertain Probabilities,"
INFORMS, vol. 59(2), pages 341-357, April.
- Ben-Tal, A. & den Hertog, D. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Melenberg, B. & Rennen, G., 2011. "Robust Solutions of Optimization Problems Affected by Uncertain Probabilities," Discussion Paper 2011-061, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Cao, Charles & Chen, Zhiwu, 1997.
" Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 2003-2049, December.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm54, Yale School of Management.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm65, Yale School of Management.
- Rama Cont & Romain Deguest & Giacomo Scandolo, 2010. "Robustness and sensitivity analysis of risk measurement procedures," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(6), pages 593-606.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 2011. "Robustness and ambiguity in continuous time," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 1195-1223, May.
- Neumann, Michael & Skiadopoulos, George, 2013. "Predictable Dynamics in Higher-Order Risk-Neutral Moments: Evidence from the S&P 500 Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(03), pages 947-977, June.
- Yuhong Xu, 2014. "Robust valuation and risk measurement under model uncertainty," Papers 1407.8024, arXiv.org.
- Peter R. Hansen & Asger Lunde & James M. Nason, 2011. "The Model Confidence Set," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(2), pages 453-497, March.
- Rama Cont & Romain Deguest & Xuedong He, 2011. "Loss-Based Risk Measures," Papers 1110.1436, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Rama Cont & Romain Deguest & Giacomo Scandolo, 2010. "Robustness and sensitivity analysis of risk measurement procedures," Post-Print hal-00413729, HAL.
- Evan W. Anderson & Lars Peter Hansen & Thomas J. Sargent, 2003. "A Quartet of Semigroups for Model Specification, Robustness, Prices of Risk, and Model Detection," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 68-123, March.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Lisha Chen & Winston Wei Dou & Zhihua Qiao, 2013. "Ensemble Subsampling for Imbalanced Multivariate Two-Sample Tests," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 108(504), pages 1308-1323, December.
- Giovanni Barone-Adesi & Robert F. Engle & Loriano Mancini, 2008. "A GARCH Option Pricing Model with Filtered Historical Simulation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(3), pages 1223-1258, May.
- Paul Glasserman & Xingbo Xu, 2014. "Robust risk measurement and model risk," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 29-58, January.
- Alison L. Gibbs & Francis Edward Su, 2002. "On Choosing and Bounding Probability Metrics," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 70(3), pages 419-435, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:84:y:2017:i:s1:p:459-475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Jing, 2018. "Essays on model uncertainty in financial models," Other publications TiSEM 202cd910-7ef1-4db4-94ae-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Thomas Kruse & Judith C. Schneider & Nikolaus Schweizer, 2015. "What's in a ball? Constructing and characterizing uncertainty sets," Papers 1510.01675, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsDivergence estimation; Model risk; Risk management; Robustness; Sequential Monte Carlo;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:61:y:2015:i:c:p:183-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.