Testing for a unique equilibrium in applied general equilibrium models
This paper introduces a new and computationally inexpensive method to test for uniqueness of equilibrium in exchange economies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mas-Colell,Andreu, 1990.
"The Theory of General Economic Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521388702, December.
- Mas-Colell,Andreu, 1985. "The Theory of General Economic Equilibrium," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521265140, November.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1970. "Economies with a Finite Set of Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 387-392, May.
- DEBREU, Gérard, "undated". "Economies with a finite set of equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP 67, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kehoe, Timothy J., 1991. "Computation and multiplicity of equilibria," Handbook of Mathematical Economics,in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 38, pages 2049-2144 Elsevier.
- Timothy J. Kehoe, 1990. "Computation and Multiplicity of Equilibria," Discussion Paper Serie A 309, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Timothy J. Kehoe, 1991. "Computation and multiplicity of equilibria," Working Papers 460, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kalaba, R. & Tesfatsion, L., 1989. "Nonlocal Automated Sensitivity Analysis," Papers m8911, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Kalaba, Robert E. & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 1990. "Nonlocal Automated Sensitivity Analysis," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11191, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mercenier, Jean, 1995. "Nonuniqueness of Solutions in Applied General Equilibrium Models with Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 6(1), pages 161-177, June.
- Jean Mercenier, 1994. "Nonuniqueness of solutions in applied general equilibrium models with scale economies and imperfect competition," Staff Report 183, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Fullerton, Don, et al, 1981. "Corporate Tax Integration in the United States: A General Equilibrium Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 677-691, September.
- Smale, Steve, 1976. "A convergent process of price adjustment and global newton methods," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 107-120, July.
- Kehoe, Timothy J. & Whalley, John, 1985. "Uniqueness of equilibrium in large-scale numerical general equilibrium models," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 247-254, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:23:y:1999:i:9-10:p:1281-1297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.