Nonlinear expectile regression with application to Value-at-Risk and expected shortfall estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2008.
"Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 453-475, May.
- MEITZ, Mika & SAIKKONEN, Pentti, 2006. "Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models," CORE Discussion Papers 2006078, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2007. "Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models," Economics Series Working Papers 328, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2006. "Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 632, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Aigner, D J & Amemiya, Takeshi & Poirier, Dale J, 1976. "On the Estimation of Production Frontiers: Maximum Likelihood Estimation of the Parameters of a Discontinuous Density Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 17(2), pages 377-396, June.
- Sangyeol Lee & Jungsik Noh, 2013. "Quantile Regression Estimator for GARCH Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 40(1), pages 2-20, March.
- K. Newey, Whitney, 1985. "Generalized method of moments specification testing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 229-256, September.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard & Hwang, Bruce B.K. & McAleer, Michael, 2012.
"Forecasting Value-at-Risk using nonlinear regression quantiles and the intra-day range,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 557-574.
- Chen, C.W.S. & Gerlach, R. & Hwang, B.B.K. & McAleer, M.J., 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intraday Range," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2011-17, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Richard Gerlach & Bruce B. K. Hwang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intra-day Range," Working Papers in Economics 11/22, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Richard Gerlach & Bruce B. K. Hwang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intra-day Range," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-16, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Richard Gerlach & Bruce B. K. Hwang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intra-day Range," KIER Working Papers 775, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Weiss, Andrew A., 1991. "Estimating Nonlinear Dynamic Models Using Least Absolute Error Estimation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 46-68, March.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christoffersen, Peter F, 1998. "Evaluating Interval Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 841-862, November.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2004.
"CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 367-381, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Manganelli, Simone, 1999. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt06m3d6nv, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2000. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0841, Econometric Society.
- Cathy W.S. Chen & Richard Gerlach & Edward M. H. Lin & W. C. W. Lee, 2012.
"Bayesian Forecasting for Financial Risk Management, Pre and Post the Global Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(8), pages 661-687, December.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard & Lee, Wcw & Lin, Edward M.H., 2011. "Bayesian Forecasting for Financial Risk Management, Pre and Post the Global Financial Crisis," Working Papers 03/2011, University of Sydney Business School, Discipline of Business Analytics.
- White,Halbert, 1996. "Estimation, Inference and Specification Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521574464, Fall.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L, 1987. "Asymmetric Least Squares Estimation and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 819-847, July.
- James W. Taylor, 2008. "Estimating Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall Using Expectiles," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(2), pages 231-252, Spring.
- Yamai, Yasuhiro & Yoshiba, Toshinao, 2002. "On the Validity of Value-at-Risk: Comparative Analyses with Expected Shortfall," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 20(1), pages 57-85, January.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Carrasco, Marine & Chen, Xiaohong, 2002. "Mixing And Moment Properties Of Various Garch And Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 17-39, February.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Pollard, David, 1985. "New Ways to Prove Central Limit Theorems," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 295-313, December.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:116:y:2017:i:c:p:49-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:355-367 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExpectile regression; Expected shortfall; Value-at-Risk; Asymmetric least squares regression; Consistency; Asymptotic normality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:94:y:2016:i:c:p:1-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.