A note on the properties of power-transformed returns in long-memory stochastic volatility models with leverage effect
The autocorrelation function (acf) of powered absolute returns and their cross-correlations with original returns are derived, for any value of the power parameter, in the context of long-memory stochastic volatility models with leverage effect and Gaussian noises. These autocorrelations and cross-correlations generalize and correct recent results on the acf of squared and absolute returns.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mike K.P. So & K. Lam & W.K. Li, 1997. "An Empirical Study of Volatility in Seven Southeast Asian Stock Markets Using ARV Models," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 261-276.
- Antonis Demos, 2002. "Moments and dynamic structure of a time-varying parameter stochastic volatility in mean model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 345-357, 06.
- Karanasos, Menelaos & Kim, Jinki, 2006. "A re-examination of the asymmetric power ARCH model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 113-128, January.
- Makoto Takahashi & Yasuhiro Omori & Toshiaki Watanabe, 2007.
"Estimating Stochastic Volatility Models Using Daily Returns and Realized Volatility Simultaneously,"
CIRJE-F-515, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Takahashi, Makoto & Omori, Yasuhiro & Watanabe, Toshiaki, 2009. "Estimating stochastic volatility models using daily returns and realized volatility simultaneously," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2404-2426, April.
- Ruiz, Esther & Veiga, Helena, 2008.
"Modelling long-memory volatilities with leverage effect: A-LMSV versus FIEGARCH,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 2846-2862, February.
- Esther Ruiz & Helena Veiga, 2006. "Modelling Long-Memory Volatilities With Leverage Effect: Almsv Versus Fiegarch," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws066016, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- He, Changli & Ter svirta, Timo & Malmsten, Hans, 2002. "Moment Structure Of A Family Of First-Order Exponential Garch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 868-885, August.
- Francq, Christian & ZakoIÂ¨an, Jean-Michel, 2008. "Deriving the autocovariances of powers of Markov-switching GARCH models, with applications to statistical inference," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3027-3046, February.
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1996.
Cahiers de recherche
9613, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Eric Ghysels & Andrew Harvey & Éric Renault, 1995. "Stochastic Volatility," CIRANO Working Papers 95s-49, CIRANO.
- GHYSELS, Eric & HARVEY, Andrew & RENAULT, Eric, 1995. "Stochastic Volatility," CORE Discussion Papers 1995069, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1995. "Stochastic Volatility," Papers 95.400, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1996. "Stochastic Volatility," Cahiers de recherche 9613, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Martin Sola & M Karansos & Zacharias Psaradakis, 2002.
"On the autocorrelation properties of Long Memory Garch Processes,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
025, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Menelaos Karanasos & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola, 2004. "On the Autocorrelation Properties of Long-Memory GARCH Processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 265-282, 03.
- Harvey, Andrew C & Shephard, Neil, 1996. "Estimation of an Asymmetric Stochastic Volatility Model for Asset Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 429-34, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:53:y:2009:i:10:p:3593-3600. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.