An option pricing formula for the GARCH diffusion model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyle, Phelim & Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Monte Carlo methods for security pricing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1267-1321, June.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "ARCH models as diffusion approximations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Ghysels, Eric, 2000. "A study towards a unified approach to the joint estimation of objective and risk neutral measures for the purpose of options valuation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 407-458, June.
- Xu, Xinzhong & Taylor, Stephen J., 1994. "The Term Structure of Volatility Implied by Foreign Exchange Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 57-74, March.
- Melino, Angelo & Turnbull, Stuart M., 1990. "Pricing foreign currency options with stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 239-265.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1995. " Predicting Volatility in the Foreign Exchange Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 507-528, June.
- Eric Renault & Nizar Touzi, 1996. "Option Hedging And Implied Volatilities In A Stochastic Volatility Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 279-302.
- Wiggins, James B., 1987. "Option values under stochastic volatility: Theory and empirical estimates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 351-372, December.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Roma, Antonio, 1994. "Stochastic Volatility Option Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(04), pages 589-607, December.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Scott, Louis O., 1987. "Option Pricing when the Variance Changes Randomly: Theory, Estimation, and an Application," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(04), pages 419-438, December.
- Bodurtha, James N. & Courtadon, Georges R., 1987. "Tests of an American Option Pricing Model on the Foreign Currency Options Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 153-167, June.
- Jones, Christopher S., 2003. "The dynamics of stochastic volatility: evidence from underlying and options markets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 181-224.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Zhou, Hao, 2002.
"Estimating stochastic volatility diffusion using conditional moments of integrated volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 33-65, July.
- Tim Bollerslev & Hao Zhou, 2001. "Estimating stochastic volatility diffusion using conditional moments of integrated volatility," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gençay, Ramazan & Dacorogna, Michel & Muller, Ulrich A. & Pictet, Olivier & Olsen, Richard, 2001. "An Introduction to High-Frequency Finance," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780122796715.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Chesney, Marc & Scott, Louis, 1989. "Pricing European Currency Options: A Comparison of the Modified Black-Scholes Model and a Random Variance Model," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 267-284, September.
- Guo, Dajiang, 1998. "The Risk Premium of Volatility Implicit in Currency Options," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(4), pages 498-507, October.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1987. "Hedging the risks from writing foreign currency options," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 131-152, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Foschi, Paolo & Pascucci, Andrea, 2009. "Calibration of a path-dependent volatility model: Empirical tests," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2219-2235, April.
- Miazhynskaia, Tatiana & Fruhwirth-Schnatter, Sylvia & Dorffner, Georg, 2006. "Bayesian testing for non-linearity in volatility modeling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 2029-2042, December.
- Damir Filipovi'c & Sander Willems, 2018. "A Term Structure Model for Dividends and Interest Rates," Papers 1803.02249, arXiv.org.
- Nicolas Langren'e & Geoffrey Lee & Zili Zhu, 2015. "Switching to non-affine stochastic volatility: A closed-form expansion for the Inverse Gamma model," Papers 1507.02847, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2016.
- Wu, Xin-Yu & Ma, Chao-Qun & Wang, Shou-Yang, 2012. "Warrant pricing under GARCH diffusion model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2237-2244.
- Nicolas Langrené & Geoffrey Lee & Zili Zhu, 2016. "Switching To Nonaffine Stochastic Volatility: A Closed-Form Expansion For The Inverse Gamma Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(05), pages 1-37, August.
- Fig-Talamanca, Gianna, 2009. "Testing volatility autocorrelation in the constant elasticity of variance stochastic volatility model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2201-2218, April.
- Damien Ackerer & Damir Filipovic, 2017. "Option Pricing with Orthogonal Polynomial Expansions," Papers 1711.09193, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2017.
- Laurent, Sébastien & Rombouts, Jeroen V.K. & Violante, Francesco, 2013.
"On loss functions and ranking forecasting performances of multivariate volatility models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 173(1), pages 1-10.
- Sébastien Laurent & Jeroen Rombouts & Francesco Violente, 2009. "On Loss Functions and Ranking Forecasting Performances of Multivariate Volatility Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-45, CIRANO.
- Sébastien Laurent & Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Francesco Violante, 2009. "On Loss Functions and Ranking Forecasting Performances of Multivariate Volatility Models," Cahiers de recherche 0948, CIRPEE.
- Borovkova, Svetlana & Permana, Ferry J., 2009. "Implied volatility in oil markets," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2022-2039, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:49:y:2005:i:2:p:287-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.