The determinants of job choice by rural labor migrants in Shanghai
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William L. Parish & Xiaoye Zhe & Fang Li, "undated". "Nonfarm Work and Marketization of the Chinese Countryside," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 95-6, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Alice Goldstein & Sidney Goldstein & Shenyang Guo, 1991. "Temporary Migrants in Shanghai Households, 1984," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 28(2), pages 275-291, May.
- Zhao, Yaohui, 1999. "Labor Migration and Earnings Differences: The Case of Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 767-782, July.
- John Knight & Lina Song & Jia Huaibin, 1999.
"Chinese rural migrants in urban enterprises: Three perspectives,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 73-104.
- Knight, J & Song, L & Huaibin, J, 1997. "Chinese Rural Migrants in Urban Enterprises : Three Perspectives," Economics Series Working Papers 99190, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Song, Yang, 2014. "What should economists know about the current Chinese hukou system?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 200-212.
- Ma, Xinxin, 2018. "Labor market segmentation by industry sectors and wage gaps between migrants and local urban residents in urban China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 96-115.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:62:y:2017:i:02:n:s0217590815500885 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ingrid Nielsen & Russell Smyth & Qingguo Zhai, 2010.
"Subjective Well-Being of China’s Off-Farm Migrants,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 315-333, June.
- Russell Smyth & Ingrid Nielsen & Qingguo Zhai, 2009. "Subjective Well-Being Of China'S Off-Farm Migrants," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 02-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Gao, Wenshu & Smyth, Russell, 2011.
"Economic returns to speaking 'standard Mandarin' among migrants in China's urban labour market,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 342-352, April.
- Wenshu Gao & Russell Smyth, 2009. "Economic Returns to Speaking ‘Standard Mandarin’ Among Migrants in China’s Urban Labour Market," Monash Economics Working Papers 28-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:365053 is not listed on IDEAS
- Margaret Maurer-Fazio & Ngan Dinh, 2002. "Differential Rewards to, and Contributions of, Education in Urban China???s Segmented Labor Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 508, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Rawski, Thomas G., 2003. "Recent developments in China's labour economy," ILO Working Papers 993650533402676, International Labour Organization.
- Qi He & Hong Fang & Han Ji & Siran Fang, 2017. "Environmental Inequality in China: A “Pyramid Model” and Nationwide Pilot Analysis of Prefectures with Sources of Industrial Pollution," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-18, October.
- Ma, Chunbo, 2010. "Who bears the environmental burden in China--An analysis of the distribution of industrial pollution sources?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1869-1876, July.
- Ma, Xinxin & Li, Shi, 2016. "Industrial Segregation and Wage Gaps between Migrants and Local Urban Residents in China:2002-2013," CEI Working Paper Series 2016-4, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Zhang, Huafeng, 2010. "The Hukou system's constraints on migrant workers' job mobility in Chinese cities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 51-64, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:12:y:2001:i:1:p:15-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.