Dealing with the bad loans of the Chinese banks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheryl W. Gray & Arnold Holle, 1996. "Bank-led restructuring in Poland: the conciliation process in action 1," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 4(2), pages 349-370, October.
- Yiping Huang & Yongzheng Yang, 1998. "China's Financial Fragility and Policy Responses," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 12(2), pages 1-9, November.
- Ceyla Pazarbasioglu & Claudia H Dziobek, 1997. "Lessons From Systemic Bank Restructuring; A Survey of 24 Countries," IMF Working Papers 97/161, International Monetary Fund.
- Cheryl W. Gray & Arnold Holle, 1997. "Bank-led restructuring in Poland (II): bankruptcy and its alternatives," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 5(1), pages 25-44, May.
- John G. Fernald & Oliver D. Babson, 1999. "Why has China survived the Asian crisis so well? What risks remain?," International Finance Discussion Papers 633, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Terry Sicular, 1998.
"Capital Flight and Foreign Investment: Two Tales From China and Russia,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 589-602, July.
- Terry Sicular, 1998. "Capital Flight and Foreign Investment: Two Tales from China and Russia," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9803, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- John P. Bonin & Bozena Leven, 2000. "Can Banks Promote Enterprise Restructuring?: Evidence From a Polish Bank's Experience," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 294, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vighneswara Swamy, 2017.
"Determinants of Bank Asset Quality and Profitability: An Empirical Assessment,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot GmbH, Berlin, vol. 63(1), pages 97-135.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2013. "Determinants of Bank Asset Quality and Profitability - An Empirical Assessment," MPRA Paper 47513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul & Zhou, Mingming, 2009.
"Institutional development, financial deepening and economic growth: Evidence from China,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 157-170, January.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul & Zhou, Mingming, 2006. "Institutional development, financial deepening and economic growth : evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 12/2006, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Paul Wachtel & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2007. "Institutional Development, Financial Deepening and Economic Growth: Evidence from China," Working Papers 07-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Koen Schoors & Konstantin Sonin, 2005.
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 57-86, July.
- K. Schoors & K. Sonin, 2003. "Passive Creditors," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/177, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Koen Schoors & Konstantin Sonin, 2005. "Passive Creditors," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp737, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Schoors, Koen & Sonin, Konstantin, 2004. "Passive Creditors," CEPR Discussion Papers 4821, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koen Schoors & Konstantin Sonin, 2005. "Passive Creditors," Working Papers w0015, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- repec:eee:asieco:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:27-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ran Li & Yiping Huang, 2015. "How Does Financial Opening Affect Industrial Efficiency? The Case of Foreign Bank Entry in the People's Republic of China," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 32(1), pages 90-112, March.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2012. "Impact of Macroeconomic and Endogenous Factors on Non-Performing Bank Assets," MPRA Paper 47517, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:43:y:2018:i:c:p:71-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akhmed Akhmedov & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2004.
"Opportunistic Political Cycles: Test in a Young Democracy Setting,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(4), pages 1301-1338.
- Akhmed Akhmedov & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2003. "Opportunistic Political Cycles: Test in a Young Democracy Setting," Working Papers w0024, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Akhmed Akhmedov & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2004. "Opportunistic Political Cycles: Test in a Young Democracy Setting," Economics Working Papers 0047, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Dan Wang, 2007. "Economic reforms, efficiency and productivity in Chinese banking," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 105-129, October.
- Alan G. Ahearne & John G. Fernald & Prakash Loungani, 2001. "Countering contagion: Does China's experience offer a blueprint?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 38-52.
- Carlos Barros & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2015. "How scale and ownership are related to financial performance? A productivity analysis of the Chinese banking sector," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 4(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Yuan George Shan & Lei Xu, 2012. "Bad debt provisions of financial institutions: Dilemma of China's corporate governance regime," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(4), pages 344-364, September.
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, 2011. "Cost economies, efficiency and productivity growth in the Chinese banking industry: evidence from a quarterly panel dataset," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 199-226, August.
- Bonin, John & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Dealing with financial fragility in transition economies," BOFIT Discussion Papers 22/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Chen, Zhongfei & Liang, Qi Bin & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2011. "Technical efficiency in the Chinese banking sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2083-2089, September.
- Masahiro Inoguchi, 2012. "Nonperforming loans and public asset management companies in Malaysia and Thailand," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 398, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Alan G. Ahearne & John G. Fernald & Prakash Loungani & John W. Schindler, 2003. "China and emerging Asia: comrades or competitors?," Working Paper Series WP-03-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- repec:bla:pacecr:v:21:y:2016:i:5:p:603-631 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shih, Victor & Zhang, Qi & Liu, Mingxing, 2007. "Comparing the performance of Chinese banks: A principal component approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 15-34.
- Anastasiou, Dimitrios, 2016. "Management and Resolution methods of Non-performing loans: A Review of the Literature," MPRA Paper 77581, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
- Beoy Kui Ng & Andreas Thorud, 2006. "China’s “Triangle of Woes” and Its Impact on Financial Stability," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 0605, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Huang, Yiping, 2002. "Is meltdown of the Chinese banks inevitable?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 382-387, December.
- repec:bla:asiapr:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:188-205 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Ting-Hsuan & Chou, Hsiu-Hsia & Chang, Yuan & Fang, Hao, 2015. "The effect of excess lending on bank liquidity : Evidence from China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 54-68.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:12:y:2001:i:2:p:197-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.