A study of residential energy use in Hong Kong by decomposition analysis, 1990–2007
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Achão, Carla & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2009. "Decomposition analysis of the variations in residential electricity consumption in Brazil for the 1980-2007 period: Measuring the activity, intensity and structure effects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5208-5220, December.
- Betts, Julian R., 1989. "Two exact, non-arbitrary and general methods of decomposing temporal change," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 151-156, August.
- Sorrell, Steve & Lehtonen, Markku & Stapleton, Lee & Pujol, Javier & Champion, Toby, 2009. "Decomposing road freight energy use in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3115-3129, August.
- AkbostancI, Elif & Tunç, Gül Ipek & Türüt-AsIk, Serap, 2011. "CO2 emissions of Turkish manufacturing industry: A decomposition analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 2273-2278.
- Ang, B.W. & Mu, A.R. & Zhou, P., 2010. "Accounting frameworks for tracking energy efficiency trends," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1209-1219, September.
- Ang, B.W. & Zhang, F.Q., 2000. "A survey of index decomposition analysis in energy and environmental studies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1149-1176.
- Mairet, Nicolas & Decellas, Fabrice, 2009. "Determinants of energy demand in the French service sector: A decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2734-2744, July.
- Liaskas, K. & Mavrotas, G. & Mandaraka, M. & Diakoulaki, D., 2000. "Decomposition of industrial CO2 emissions:: The case of European Union," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 383-394, August.
- Wang, Can & Chen, Jining & Zou, Ji, 2005. "Decomposition of energy-related CO2 emission in China: 1957–2000," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 73-83.
- Munksgaard, Jesper & Pedersen, Klaus Alsted & Wien, Mette, 2000. "Impact of household consumption on CO2 emissions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 423-440, August.
- Ang, B. W., 2004. "Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy:: which is the preferred method?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1131-1139, June.
- Gingrich, Simone & Kusková, Petra & Steinberger, Julia K., 2011. "Long-term changes in CO2 emissions in Austria and Czechoslovakia--Identifying the drivers of environmental pressures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 535-543, February.
- Ang, B. W., 2005. "The LMDI approach to decomposition analysis: a practical guide," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 867-871, May.
- Boyd, Gale A. & Hanson, Donald A. & Sterner, Thomas, 1988. "Decomposition of changes in energy intensity : A comparison of the Divisia index and other methods," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 309-312, October.
- Zhang, Ming & Li, Huanan & Zhou, Min & Mu, Hailin, 2011. "Decomposition analysis of energy consumption in Chinese transportation sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 2279-2285.
- Chia-Yon Chen & Adam Rose, 1990. "A Structural Decomposition Analysis of Changes in Energy Demand in Taiwan: 1971-1984," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 127-146.
- Zhao, Min & Tan, Lirong & Zhang, Weiguo & Ji, Minhe & Liu, Yuan & Yu, Lizhong, 2010. "Decomposing the influencing factors of industrial carbon emissions in Shanghai using the LMDI method," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 2505-2510.
- Salta, Myrsine & Polatidis, Heracles & Haralambopoulos, Dias, 2009. "Energy use in the Greek manufacturing sector: A methodological framework based on physical indicators with aggregation and decomposition analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 90-111.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Qunwei & Wang, Yizhong & Zhou, P. & Wei, Hongye, 2017. "Whole process decomposition of energy-related SO2 in Jiangsu Province, China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 679-687.
- Xu, X.Y. & Ang, B.W., 2014. "Analysing residential energy consumption using index decomposition analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 342-351.
- P. Fernández-González & M. Landajo & M.J. Presno, 2013. "Factors Influencing Changes In Aggregate Energy Consumption. An European Cross-Country Analysis," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, pages 18-30.
- repec:eee:energy:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:78-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Ming & Song, Yan & Li, Peng & Li, Huanan, 2016. "Study on affecting factors of residential energy consumption in urban and rural Jiangsu," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 330-337.
- Holzmann, Angela & Adensam, Heidelinde & Kratena, Kurt & Schmid, Erwin, 2013. "Decomposing final energy use for heating in the residential sector in Austria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 607-616.
- Nie, Hongguang & Kemp, René, 2014. "Index decomposition analysis of residential energy consumption in China: 2002–2010," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 10-19.
- Olanrewaju, O.A. & Jimoh, A.A. & Kholopane, P.A., 2013. "Assessing the energy potential in the South African industry: A combined IDA-ANN-DEA (Index Decomposition Analysis-Artificial Neural Network-Data Envelopment Analysis) model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 225-232.
- Choi, Yongrok & Zhang, Ning & Zhou, P., 2012. "Efficiency and abatement costs of energy-related CO2 emissions in China: A slacks-based efficiency measure," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 198-208.
- Das, Aparna & Paul, Saikat Kumar, 2014. "CO2 emissions from household consumption in India between 1993–94 and 2006–07: A decomposition analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 90-105.
- Ding, Wenguang & Niu, Hewen & Chen, Jinsong & Du, Jun & Wu, Yang, 2012. "Influence of household biogas digester use on household energy consumption in a semi-arid rural region of northwest China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 16-23.
- Fernández González, P. & Landajo, M. & Presno, M.J., 2014. "Multilevel LMDI decomposition of changes in aggregate energy consumption. A cross country analysis in the EU-27," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 576-584.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:855-867 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Ming & Guo, Fangyan, 2013. "Analysis of rural residential commercial energy consumption in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 222-229.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:2358-2370 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Wenwen & Liu, Xiao & Zhang, Ming & Song, Xuefeng, 2014. "Using a new generalized LMDI (logarithmic mean Divisia index) method to analyze China's energy consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 617-622.
- Geng, Zhiqiang & Yang, Xiao & Han, Yongming & Zhu, Qunxiong, 2017. "Energy optimization and analysis modeling based on extreme learning machine integrated index decomposition analysis: Application to complex chemical processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 67-78.
More about this item
KeywordsResidential; Divisia; Decomposition analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:88:y:2011:i:12:p:5180-5187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.