Modeling a power-to-renewable methane system for an assessment of power grid balancing options in the Baltic States’ region
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blumberga, Dagnija & Blumberga, Andra & Barisa, Aiga & Rosa, Marika & Lauka, Dace, 2016. "Modelling the Latvian power market to evaluate its environmental long-term performance," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1593-1600.
- Steffen, Bjarne, 2012. "Prospects for pumped-hydro storage in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 420-429.
- Götz, Manuel & Lefebvre, Jonathan & Mörs, Friedemann & McDaniel Koch, Amy & Graf, Frank & Bajohr, Siegfried & Reimert, Rainer & Kolb, Thomas, 2016. "Renewable Power-to-Gas: A technological and economic review," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1371-1390.
- Valdés, R. & Lucio, J.H. & Rodríguez, L.R., 2013. "Operational simulation of wind power plants for electrolytic hydrogen production connected to a distributed electricity generation grid," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 249-257.
- Varone, Alberto & Ferrari, Michele, 2015. "Power to liquid and power to gas: An option for the German Energiewende," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 207-218.
- de Boer, Harmen Sytze & Grond, Lukas & Moll, Henk & Benders, René, 2014. "The application of power-to-gas, pumped hydro storage and compressed air energy storage in an electricity system at different wind power penetration levels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 360-370.
- Zhao, Haoran & Wu, Qiuwei & Hu, Shuju & Xu, Honghua & Rasmussen, Claus Nygaard, 2015. "Review of energy storage system for wind power integration support," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 545-553.
- Luo, Xing & Wang, Jihong & Dooner, Mark & Clarke, Jonathan, 2015. "Overview of current development in electrical energy storage technologies and the application potential in power system operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 511-536.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Ligang & Pérez-Fortes, Mar & Madi, Hossein & Diethelm, Stefan & herle, Jan Van & Maréchal, François, 2018. "Optimal design of solid-oxide electrolyzer based power-to-methane systems: A comprehensive comparison between steam electrolysis and co-electrolysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 1060-1079.
- Blanco, Herib & Faaij, André, 2018. "A review at the role of storage in energy systems with a focus on Power to Gas and long-term storage," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 1049-1086.
- McKenna, R.C. & Bchini, Q. & Weinand, J.M. & Michaelis, J. & König, S. & Köppel, W. & Fichtner, W., 2018. "The future role of Power-to-Gas in the energy transition: Regional and local techno-economic analyses in Baden-Württemberg," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 386-400.
- Ghaib, Karim & Ben-Fares, Fatima-Zahrae, 2018. "Power-to-Methane: A state-of-the-art review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 433-446.
- Zhang, Xian & Chan, K.W. & Wang, Huaizhi & Hu, Jiefeng & Zhou, Bin & Zhang, Yan & Qiu, Jing, 2019. "Game-theoretic planning for integrated energy system with independent participants considering ancillary services of power-to-gas stations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 249-264.
- Blanco, Herib & Nijs, Wouter & Ruf, Johannes & Faaij, André, 2018. "Potential of Power-to-Methane in the EU energy transition to a low carbon system using cost optimization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 232(C), pages 323-340.
- González-Aparicio, I. & Kapetaki, Z. & Tzimas, E., 2018. "Wind energy and carbon dioxide utilisation as an alternative business model for energy producers: A case study in Spain," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 222(C), pages 216-227.
- Van Dael, Miet & Kreps, Sabine & Virag, Ana & Kessels, Kris & Remans, Koen & Thomas, Denis & De Wilde, Fabian, 2018. "Techno-economic assessment of a microbial power-to-gas plant – Case study in Belgium," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 416-425.
- Sedlar, D. Karasalihović & Vulin, D. & Krajačić, G. & Jukić, L., 2019. "Offshore gas production infrastructure reutilisation for blue energy production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 159-174.
- Furuoka, Fumitaka, 2017. "Renewable electricity consumption and economic development: New findings from the Baltic countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 450-463.
- Zhang, Xiaojin & Bauer, Christian & Mutel, Christopher L. & Volkart, Kathrin, 2017. "Life Cycle Assessment of Power-to-Gas: Approaches, system variations and their environmental implications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 326-338.
- Collet, Pierre & Flottes, Eglantine & Favre, Alain & Raynal, Ludovic & Pierre, Hélène & Capela, Sandra & Peregrina, Carlos, 2017. "Techno-economic and Life Cycle Assessment of methane production via biogas upgrading and power to gas technology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 282-295.
More about this item
KeywordsExcess power; Methanation; Power-to-gas; Power-to-methane; Renewable methane; Stochastic energy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:170:y:2016:i:c:p:278-285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.