Budget negotiations in multi-period settings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chow, Chee W. & Cooper, Jean C. & Haddad, Kamal, 1991. "The effects of pay schemes and ratchets on budgetary slack and performance: A multiperiod experiment," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 47-60.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 2000. "Performance standards in incentive contracts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 245-278, December.
- Luft, Joan, 1994. "Bonus and penalty incentives contract choice by employees," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 181-206, September.
- Fisher, Joseph & Frederickson, James R. & Peffer, Sean A., 2002. "The effect of information asymmetry on negotiated budgets: an empirical investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 27-43.
- Leone, Andrew J. & Rock, Steve, 2002. "Empirical tests of budget ratcheting and its effect on managers' discretionary accrual choices," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 43-67, February.
- Waller, William S., 1988. "Slack in participative budgeting: The joint effect of a truth-inducing pay scheme and risk preferences," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 87-98, January.
- Mannix, Elizabeth A. & Tinsley, Catherine H. & Bazerman, Max, 1995. "Negotiating over Time: Impediments to Integrative Solutions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 241-251, June.
- James R. Frederickson & William Waller, 2005. "Carrot or Stick? Contract Frame and Use of Decision-Influencing Information in a Principal-Agent Setting," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(5), pages 709-733, December.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F. & Sloan, Richard G., 1995. "Annual bonus schemes and the manipulation of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 29-74, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shannon W. Anderson & Henri C. Dekker & Karen L. Sedatole, 2010. "An Empirical Examination of Goals and Performance-to-Goal Following the Introduction of an Incentive Bonus Plan with Participative Goal Setting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(1), pages 90-109, January.
- Michael Ettredge & Susan Scholz & Kevin R. Smith & Lili Sun, 2010. "How Do Restatements Begin? Evidence of Earnings Management Preceding Restated Financial Reports," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3-4), pages 332-355.
- Anna Arcari & Anna Pistoni & Enrico Moretto & Paolo Ossola & Daniele Tonini, 2016. "How Italian companies are monitoring innovation," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 143-165.
- Arnold, Markus C. & Gillenkirch, Robert M., 2015. "Using negotiated budgets for planning and performance evaluation: An experimental study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-16.
- Van den Abbeele, Alexandra & Roodhooft, Filip & Warlop, Luk, 2009. "The effect of cost information on buyer-supplier negotiations in different power settings," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 245-266, February.
- Stephan Kramer & Frank Hartmann, 2014. "How Top-down and Bottom-up Budgeting Affect Budget Slack and Performance through Social and Economic Exchange," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 50(3), pages 314-340, September.
- FaurÃ©, Bertrand & Rouleau, Linda, 2011. "The strategic competence of accountants and middle managers in budget making," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 167-182, April.
- Löning, Hélène & Besson, M. & Mendoza, Carla, 2008. "Dual use of budgeting in uncertainty contexts: Explorative study of senior sales and marketing managers," Les Cahiers de Recherche 897, HEC Paris.
- Klaus Derfuss, 2015. "Relating Context Variables to Participative Budgeting and Evaluative Use of Performance Measures: A Meta-analysis," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 51(2), pages 238-278, June.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:22:y:2011:i:2:p:183-199 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:31:y:2006:i:6:p:511-528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.