In the mirror of the market: The disciplinary effects of company/fund manager meetings
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Marston, C., 1996. "The organization of the investor relations function by large UK Quoted companies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 477-488, August.
- Hoskin, Keith W. & Macve, Richard H., 1986. "Accounting and the examination: A genealogy of disciplinary power," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 105-136, March.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 2001. "Essays on disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 97-180, December.
- Gonedes, Nicholas J, 1976. "The Capital Market, the Market for Information, and External Accounting," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 611-630, May.
- John Holland, 1998. "Influence and Intervention by Financial Institutions in their Investee Companies," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 249-264, October.
- Roberts, John, 2001. "Corporate Governance and the Ethics of Narcissus," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 109-127, January.
- C. L. Marston & B. M. Craven, 1998. "A survey of corporate perceptions of short-termism among analysts and fund managers," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 233-256.
- Mahmoud Ezzamel, 2002. "Pay Comparability Across and Within UK Boards: An Empirical Analysis of the Cash Pay Awards to CEOs and Other Board Members," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 207-232, 03.
- Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Willmott, Hugh & Worthington, Frank, 2004. "Accounting and management-labour relations: the politics of production in the 'factory with a problem'," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 269-302.
- Annie Pye, 2001. "Corporate Boards, Investors and Their Relationships: accounts of accountability and corporate governing in action," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 186-195, 07.
- Firth, Michael A, 1976. "The Impact of Earnings Announcements on the Share Price Behaviour of Similar Type Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 296-306, June.
- John Holland, 1998. "Private Voluntary Disclosure, Financial Intermediation and Market Efficiency," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1&2), pages 29-68.
- Hayagreeva Rao & Kumar Sivakumar, 1999. "Institutional Sources of Boundary-Spanning Structures: The Establishment of Investor Relations Departments in the Fortune 500 Industrials," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 27-42, February.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- McSweeney, Brendan, 2000. "Looking forward to the past," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 767-786, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:31:y:2006:i:3:p:277-294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.