Financial analysts' reports: an extended institutional theory evaluation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Biggs, Stanley F., 1984. "Financial analysts' information search in the assessment of corporate earning power," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(3-4), pages 313-323, October.
- Blake E. Ashforth & Barrie W. Gibbs, 1990. "The Double-Edge of Organizational Legitimation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(2), pages 177-194, May.
- Lin, Hsiou-wei & McNichols, Maureen F., 1998. "Underwriting relationships, analysts' earnings forecasts and investment recommendations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 101-127, February.
- Amir, Eli & Ganzach, Yoav, 1998. "Overreaction and underreaction in analysts' forecasts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 333-347, November.
- Daniel Kahneman & Dan Lovallo, 1993. "Timid Choices and Bold Forecasts: A Cognitive Perspective on Risk Taking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(1), pages 17-31, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:27:y:1989:i:1:p:116-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Whitecotton, Stacey M., 1996. "The Effects of Experience and a Decision Aid on the Slope, Scatter, and Bias of Earnings Forecasts," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 111-121, April.
- Bouwman, Marinus J. & Frishkoff, Patricia A. & Frishkoff, Paul, 1987. "How do financial analysts make decisions? A process model of the investment screening decision," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Merino, Barbara Dubis & Neimark, Marilyn Dale, 1982. "Disclosure regulation and public policy a sociohistorical reappraisal," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 33-57.
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i:2:p:335-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cooper, David J. & Hayes, David & Wolf, Frank, 1981. "Accounting in organized anarchies: Understanding and designing accounting systems in ambiguous situations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 175-191, July.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Joonghyuk Kim & Susan D. Krische & Charles M. C. Lee, 2004. "Analyzing the Analysts: When Do Recommendations Add Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1083-1124, June.
- Beneish, Messod D, 1991. "Stock Prices and the Dissemination of Analysts' Recommendations," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 393-416, July.
- Neu, Dean, 1991. "New stock issues and the institutional production of trust," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 185-200.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:35:y:1997:i::p:167-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucy F. Ackert & George Athanassakos, 1997.
"Prior Uncertainty, Analyst Bias, And Subsequent Abnormal Returns,"
Journal of Financial Research,
Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 263-273, June.
- Ackert, Lucy F & Athanassakos, George, 1997. "Prior Uncertainty, Analyst Bias, and Subsequent Abnormal Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 263-273, Summer.
- Loughran, Tim & Vijh, Anand M, 1997. " Do Long-Term Shareholders Benefit from Corporate Acquisitions?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1765-1790, December.
- Agrawal, Anup & Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Mandelker, Gershon N, 1992. " The Post-merger Performance of Acquiring Firms: A Re-examination of an Anomaly," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1605-1621, September.
- Abarbanell, Jeffrey S & Bernard, Victor L, 1992. " Tests of Analysts' Overreaction/Underreaction to Earnings Information as an Explanation for Anomalous Stock Price Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1181-1207, July.
- Stickel, Scott E, 1992. " Reputation and Performance among Security Analysts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1811-1836, December.
- Argyris, Chris, 1977. "Organizational learning and management information systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 113-123, March.
- March, James G., 1987. "Ambiguity and accounting: The elusive link between information and decision making," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 153-168, March.
- Lynn Hodgkinson, 2001. "Analysts' Forecasts and the Broker Relationship," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(7&8), pages 943-961.
- Armstrong, Peter, 1985. "Changing management control strategies: The role of competition between accountancy and other organisational professions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 129-148, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Régis Breton & Sébastien Galanti & Christophe Hurlin & Anne-Gaël Vaubourg, 2013. "Does the firm-analyst relationship matter in explaining analysts' earnings forecast errors?," Working Papers hal-00862996, HAL.
- Fox, Kenneth A., 2017. "The usefulness of NI 43-101 technical reports for financial analysts," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 225-233.
- Isabelle Chambost, 2010. "Analyse Des Dispositifs D'Evaluation De La « Recherche » Des Analystes, Une Cle D'Entree Dans Les Coulisses Des Marches Financiers," Post-Print hal-00479539, HAL.
- Lounsbury, Michael, 2008. "Institutional rationality and practice variation: New directions in the institutional analysis of practice," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 349-361.
- Jiandong Chen & Douglas Cumming & Wenxuan Hou & Edward Lee, 2016. "Does the External Monitoring Effect of Financial Analysts Deter Corporate Fraud in China?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 727-742, April.
- Régis Breton & Sébastien Galanti & Christophe Hurlin & Anne-Gaël Vaubourg, 2011.
"Does soft information matter for financial analysts' forecasts? A gravity model approach,"
- Régis BRETON & Sébastien GALANTI & Christophe HURLIN & Anne-Gaël VAUBOURG, 2011. "Does soft information matter for financial analysts’ forecasts? A gravity model approach," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 469, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:58:y:2017:i:c:p:15-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anne-Gael Vaubourg & Valdete Berisha-Krasniqui & Sébastien Galanti & Christophe Hurlin & Régis Breton, 2013. "We study whether financial analysts' concern for preserving good relationships with firms' managers motivates them to issue pessimistic or optimistic forecasts. Based on a dataset of one-yearahead EPS," Larefi Working Papers 1304, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Fung, Simon Y.K. & Gul, Ferdinand A. & Radhakrishnan, Suresh, 2015. "Corporate political connections and the 2008 Malaysian election," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 67-86.
- Hearn, Bruce, 2013. "The institutional determinants of IPO firm prospectus length in a developing context: A research note," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 52-65.
- Thabang Mokoaleli-Mokoteli & Richard J. Taffler & Vineet Agarwal, 2009. "Behavioural Bias and Conflicts of Interest in Analyst Stock Recommendations," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3-4), pages 384-418.
- Philip J. Shrives & Niamh Brennan, 2015. "A typology for exploring the quality of explanations for non-compliance with UK corporate governance regulations," Open Access publications 10197/7419, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Saverio Bozzolan & Charles Cho & Giovanna Michelon, 2015. "Impression Management and Organizational Audiences: The Fiat Group Case," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 143-165, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:30:y:2005:i:4:p:331-356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.