Econometric analysis of the determinants of adoption of rainwater harvesting and supplementary irrigation technology (RHSIT) in the semiarid Loess Plateau of China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neupane, Ramji P. & Sharma, Khem R. & Thapa, Gopal B., 2002. "Adoption of agroforestry in the hills of Nepal: a logistic regression analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 177-196, June.
- Li, Feng-Min & Wang, Ping & Wang, Jun & Xu, Jin-Zhang, 2004. "Effects of irrigation before sowing and plastic film mulching on yield and water uptake of spring wheat in semiarid Loess Plateau of China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 77-88, June.
- Herath, P.H.M.U. & Takeya, Hiroyuki, 2003. "Factors determining intercropping by rubber smallholders in Sri Lanka: a logit analysis," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(2), October.
- Herath, P. H. M. U. & Takeya, Hiroyuki, 2003. "Factors determining intercropping by rubber smallholders in Sri Lanka: a logit analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 159-168, October.
- Yuan, Tian & Fengmin, Li & Puhai, Liu, 2003. "Economic analysis of rainwater harvesting and irrigation methods, with an example from China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 217-226, May.
- Sidibe, Amadou, 2005. "Farm-level adoption of soil and water conservation techniques in northern Burkina Faso," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 211-224, February.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T., 1998.
"Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies in the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa,"
Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 233-247, May.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T., 1998. "Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies 1n the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(3), May.
- Oweis, T. & Hachum, A. & Kijne, J., 1999. "Water harvesting and supplemental irrigation for improved water use efficiency in dry areas," IWMI Books, Reports H024198, International Water Management Institute.
- Bekele, Wagayehu & Drake, Lars, 2003. "Soil and water conservation decision behavior of subsistence farmers in the Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia: a case study of the Hunde-Lafto area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 437-451, October.
- Baidu-Forson, J., 1999. "Factors influencing adoption of land-enhancing technology in the Sahel: lessons from a case study in Niger," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 231-239, May.
- Wang, Xiao-Ling & Li, Feng-Min & Jia, Yu & Shi, Wen-Quan, 2005. "Increasing potato yields with additional water and increased soil temperature," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 181-194, December.
- Reij, C. & Mulder, P. & Begemann, L., 1988. "Water Harvesting For Plant Production," Papers 91, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Leib, Brian G. & Hattendorf, Mary & Elliott, Todd & Matthews, Gary, 2002. "Adoption and adaptation of scientific irrigation scheduling: trends from Washington, USA as of 1998," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 105-120, June.
- Skaggs, R. K., 2001. "Predicting drip irrigation use and adoption in a desert region," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 125-142, October.
- Asfaw, Abay & Admassie, Assefa, 2004. "The role of education on the adoption of chemical fertiliser under different socioeconomic environments in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 215-228, May.
- Sheikh, A. D. & Rehman, T. & Yates, C. M., 2003. "Logit models for identifying the factors that influence the uptake of new `no-tillage' technologies by farmers in the rice-wheat and the cotton-wheat farming systems of Pakistan's Punjab," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 79-95, January.
- Shrestha, Rajendra B & Gopalakrishnan, Chennat, 1993. "Adoption and Diffusion of Drip Irrigation Technology: An Econometric Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 407-418, January.
- Atta-Krah, A. N. & Francis, P. A., 1987. "The role of on-farm trails in the evaluation of composite technologies: The case of alley farming in Southern Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 133-152.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yongjin Li & David López-Carr & Wenjiang Chen, 2014. "Factors Affecting Migration Intentions in Ecological Restoration Areas and Their Implications for the Sustainability of Ecological Migration Policy in Arid Northwest China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-22, November.
- Pereira, Helga & Marques, Rui Cunha, 2017. "An analytical review of irrigation efficiency measured using deterministic and stochastic models," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 28-35.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:187:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Xiao-Ling & Sun, Guo-Jun & Jia, Yu & Li, Feng-Min & Xu, Jin-Zhang, 2008. "Crop yield and soil water restoration on 9-year-old alfalfa pasture in the semiarid Loess Plateau of China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 190-198, March.
- Bouma, Jetske A. & Hegde, Seema S. & Lasage, Ralph, 2016. "Assessing the returns to water harvesting: A meta-analysis," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 100-109.
- Soohyung Lee, 2008. "Preferences and Choice Constraints in Marital Sorting: Evidence From Korea," Discussion Papers 07-042, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Daniel Kyalo Willy & Arnim Kuhn, 2016. "Technology Adoption Under Variable Weather Conditions — The Case of Rain Water Harvesting in Lake Naivasha Basin, Kenya," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(02), pages 1-25, June.
- Carvajal, F. & Agüera, F. & Sánchez-Hermosilla, J., 2014. "Water balance in artificial on-farm agricultural water reservoirs for the irrigation of intensive greenhouse crops," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 146-155.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:194:y:2017:i:c:p:150-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Wan-Shou & Li, Feng-Min & Xiong, You-Cai & Xia, Qing, 2012. "Econometric analysis of the determinants of adoption of raising sheep in folds by farmers in the semiarid Loess Plateau of China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 145-152.
- Rishi Ram Kattel, "undated". "Rainwater Harvesting and Rural Livelihoods in Nepal," Working papers 102, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- César Salazar & John Rand, 2016. "Production risk and adoption of irrigation technology: evidence from small-scale farmers in Chile," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 25(1), pages 1-37, December.
- Birhanu, Mulugeta Yitayih & Girma, Anteneh & Puskur, Ranjitha, 2017. "Determinants of success and intensity of livestock feed technologies use in Ethiopia: Evidence from a positive deviance perspective," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 15-25.
- Zongo, Beteo & Diarra, Abdoulaye & Barbier, Bruno & Zorom, Malicki & Yacouba, Hamma & Dogot, Thomas, 1. "Farmersâ€™ Practices And Willingness To Adopt Supplemental Irrigation In Burkina Faso," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3(1).
- Grace Kibue & Genxing Pan & Jufeng Zheng & Li Zhengdong & Li Mao, 2015. "Assessment of climate change awareness and agronomic practices in an agricultural region of Henan Province, China," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 379-391, June.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1524-:d:109945 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abebe, Gumataw K. & Bijman, Jos & Pascucci, Stefano & Omta, Onno, 2013. "Adoption of improved potato varieties in Ethiopia: The role of agricultural knowledge and innovation system and smallholder farmers’ quality assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 22-32.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:288-:d:128392 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rossi, Fabiana Ribeiro & Souza Filho, Hildo Meirelles de & Carrer, Marcelo Jose, 2016. "Irrigation adoption by orange producers of the state of São Paulo-Brazil: determinants and barriers," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230121, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:89:y:2007:i:3:p:243-250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.