Effects of climate change on suitable rice cropping areas, cropping systems and crop water requirements in southern China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zulu, Giveson & Toyota, Masaru & Misawa, Shin-ichi, 1996. "Characteristics of water reuse and its effects on paddy irrigation system water balance and the riceland ecosystem," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 269-283, October.
- Belder, P. & Bouman, B. A. M. & Cabangon, R. & Guoan, Lu & Quilang, E. J. P. & Yuanhua, Li & Spiertz, J. H. J. & Tuong, T. P., 2004. "Effect of water-saving irrigation on rice yield and water use in typical lowland conditions in Asia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 193-210, March.
- Rejesus, Roderick M. & Palis, Florencia G. & Rodriguez, Divina Gracia P. & Lampayan, Ruben M. & Bouman, Bas A.M., 2011. "Impact of the alternate wetting and drying (AWD) water-saving irrigation technique: Evidence from rice producers in the Philippines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 280-288, April.
- De Silva, C.S. & Weatherhead, E.K. & Knox, J.W. & Rodriguez-Diaz, J.A., 2007. "Predicting the impacts of climate change--A case study of paddy irrigation water requirements in Sri Lanka," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 19-29, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li Jiang & Xin Chen & Fei Lun & Zhihua Pan & Jiaheng Niu & Chenyang Ding & Lijun Meng & Guoliang Zhang & Charles Peter Mgeni & Stefan Sieber & Pingli An, 2019. "Spatial Distribution and Changes of the Realizable Triple Cropping System in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-1, March.
- Wang, Jianqing & Liu, Xiaoyu & Cheng, Kun & Zhang, Xuhui & Li, Lianqing & Pan, Genxing, 2018. "Winter wheat water requirement and utilization efficiency under simulated climate change conditions: A Penman-Monteith model evaluation," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 197(C), pages 100-109.
- Hui Ju & Qin Liu & Yingchun Li & Xiaoxu Long & Zhongwei Liu & Erda Lin, 2020. "Multi-Stakeholder Efforts to Adapt to Climate Change in China’s Agricultural Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(19), pages 1-1, September.
- F. Castro-Llanos & G. Hyman & J. Rubiano & J. Ramirez-Villegas & H. Achicanoy, 2019. "Climate change favors rice production at higher elevations in Colombia," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 24(8), pages 1401-1430, December.
- Han, Huanhao & Cui, Yuanlai & Huang, Ying & Wang, Shupeng & Duan, Qicai & Zhang, Lei, 2019. "Impacts of the channel/barrier effect and three-dimensional climate—A case study of rice water requirement and irrigation quota in Yunnan, China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 317-327.
- Yujie Liu & Weimo Zhou & Quansheng Ge, 2019. "Spatiotemporal changes of rice phenology in China under climate change from 1981 to 2010," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 157(2), pages 261-277, November.
- Rowshon, M.K. & Dlamini, N.S. & Mojid, M.A. & Adib, M.N.M. & Amin, M.S.M. & Lai, S.H., 2019. "Modeling climate-smart decision support system (CSDSS) for analyzing water demand of a large-scale rice irrigation scheme," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 138-152.
- Ding, Yimin & Wang, Weiguang & Song, Ruiming & Shao, Quanxi & Jiao, Xiyun & Xing, Wanqiu, 2017. "Modeling spatial and temporal variability of the impact of climate change on rice irrigation water requirements in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 89-101.
- Fei Wang & Yaning Chen & Zhi Li & Gonghuan Fang & Yupeng Li & Zhenhua Xia, 2019. "Assessment of the Irrigation Water Requirement and Water Supply Risk in the Tarim River Basin, Northwest China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-1, September.
- Xu, Guo-wei & Lu, Da-Ke & Wang, He-Zheng & Li, Youjun, 2018. "Morphological and physiological traits of rice roots and their relationships to yield and nitrogen utilization as influenced by irrigation regime and nitrogen rate," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 203(C), pages 385-394.
- Feng Huang & Baoguo Li, 2020. "What is the Redline Water Withdrawal for Crop Production in China?—Projection to 2030 Derived from the Past Twenty-Year Trajectory," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-1, May.
- Hong, Eun-Mi & Nam, Won-Ho & Choi, Jin-Yong & Pachepsky, Yakov A., 2016. "Projected irrigation requirements for upland crops using soil moisture model under climate change in South Korea," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 163-180.
- Pan, Junfeng & Liu, Yanzhuo & Zhong, Xuhua & Lampayan, Rubenito M. & Singleton, Grant R. & Huang, Nongrong & Liang, Kaiming & Peng, Bilin & Tian, Ka, 2017. "Grain yield, water productivity and nitrogen use efficiency of rice under different water management and fertilizer-N inputs in South China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 191-200.
- Ding, Yimin & Wang, Weiguang & Zhuang, Qianlai & Luo, Yufeng, 2020. "Adaptation of paddy rice in China to climate change: The effects of shifting sowing date on yield and irrigation water requirement," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 228(C).
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Rice cropping system; Crop water requirement; Irrigation water requirement; Suitable planting area for rice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:159:y:2015:i:c:p:35-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.