Analyzing ranch profitability from varying cow sales and heifer replacement rates for beef cow-calf production using system dynamics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kahn, Hava E. & Lehrer, A. R., 1984. "A dynamic model for the simulation of cattle herd production systems: Part 3--Reproductive performance of beef cows," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 143-159.
- Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo & Fox, Danny G. & Guiroy, Pablo J., 2004. "A decision support system to improve individual cattle management. 1. A mechanistic, dynamic model for animal growth," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 171-204, February.
- Azzam, Sara Melin & Kinder, J. E. & Nielsen, M. K., 1990. "Modelling reproductive management systems for beef cattle," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 103-122.
- Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo, 2006. "Assessment of the adequacy of mathematical models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 225-247, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:357:y:2017:i:c:p:23-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:agisys:v:153:y:2017:i:c:p:127-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nasca, J.A. & Feldkamp, C.R. & Arroquy, J.I. & Colombatto, D., 2015. "Efficiency and stability in subtropical beef cattle grazing systems in the northwest of Argentina," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 85-96.
- Dieguez Cameroni, F.J. & Terra, R. & Tabarez, S. & Bommel, P. & Corral, J. & Bartaburu, D. & Pereira, M. & Montes, E. & Duarte, E. & Morales Grosskopf, H., 2014. "Virtual experiments using a participatory model to explore interactions between climatic variability and management decisions in extensive grazing systems in the basaltic region of Uruguay," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 89-104.
More about this item
KeywordsCow-calf; Systems; Net Income; Return on Investment; Cow sales; Heifer replacement rates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:114:y:2013:i:c:p:6-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .