Assessing the Acceptability of International Accounting Standards in the US: An Empirical Study of the Materiality of US GAAP Reconciliations by Non-US Companies Complying with IASC Standards
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. Weetman & E. A. E. Jones & C. A. Adams & S. J. Gray, 1998. "Profit Measurement and UK Accounting Standards: A Case of Increasing Disharmony in Relation to US GAAP and IASs," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 189-208, March.
- Rees, Lynn L., 1996. "A comparison of investors' abilities to assimilate U.S. GAAP disclosures," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 271-287.
- Niclas Hellman, 1993. "A comparative analysis of the impact of accounting differences on profits and return on equity," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 495-530.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hora, Judith A. & Tondkar, Rasoul H. & McEwen, Ruth Ann, 2003. "Effect of foreign GAAP earnings and Form 20-F reconciliations on revisions of analysts' forecasts," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 71-93.
- Oriol Amat & Catherine Gowthorpe & Jordi Perramon, 2005. "Manipulation of earnings reports in Spain - some evidence," Economics Working Papers 877, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Costel Istrate, 2014. "Impact Of Ifrs On The Accounting Numbers Of Romanian Listed Banks," The Journal of Accounting and Management, Danubius University of Galati, issue 2, pages 45-49, August.
- George Iatridis & Konstantia Dalla, 2011. "The impact of IFRS implementation on Greek listed companies: An industrial sector and stock market index analysis," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(3), pages 284-303, June.
- Vieru, Markku & Schadewitz, Hannu, 2010. "Impact of IFRS transition on audit and non-audit fees: evidence from small and medium-sized listed companies in Finland," MPRA Paper 44664, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Costel ISTRATE & Ioan Bogdan ROBU & Mihai CARP, 2015. "Impact Of The Transition To Ifrs For The Romanian Listed Companies In Financial Distress," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 15, pages 83-102, June.
- repec:eee:reacre:v:25:y:2013:i:2:p:236-251 is not listed on IDEAS
- George Emmanuel Iatridis, 2012. "Voluntary IFRS disclosures: evidence from the transition from UK GAAP to IFRSs," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(6), pages 573-597, June.
- Ioannis Tsalavoutas & Lisa Evans, 2010. "Transition to IFRS in Greece: financial statement effects and auditor size," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(8), pages 814-842, September.
- Iatridis, George, 2010. "International Financial Reporting Standards and the quality of financial statement information," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 193-204, June.
- Eleftherios Thalassinos & Konstantinos Liapis & John E. Thalassinos, 2011. "The Regulation Framework for the Banking Sector: The EMU, European Banks and Rating Agencies before and during the Recent Financial and Debt Crisis," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(39), pages 250-279.
- Abdallah, Abed AL-Nasser & Abdallah, Wissam & Ismail, Ahmad, 2012. "Do accounting standards matter to financial analysts? An empirical analysis of the effect of cross-listing from different accounting standards regimes on analyst following and forecast error," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 168-197.
- Mohamed El Hedi AROURI & Aldo LÉVY & Duc Khuong NGUYEN, 2010.
"ROE and Value Creation under IAS/IFRS: Evidence of Discordance from French Firms,"
European Financial and Accounting Journal,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 84-112.
- Aldo Levy & Duc Khong & Mohamed El Hedi Arouri, 2010. "ROE and value creation under IAS-IFRS: evidence of discordance from French firms," Post-Print halshs-01278655, HAL.
- Donna L. Street, 2008. "The Impact in the United States of Global Adoption of IFRS," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 18(3), pages 199-208, September.
- Peng, Songlan & Tondkar, Rasoul H. & van der Laan Smith, Joyce & Harless, David W., 2008. "Does Convergence of Accounting Standards Lead to the Convergence of Accounting Practices?: A Study from China," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 448-468, December.
- Chunhui Liu, 2011. "IFRS and US-GAAP comparability before release No. 33-8879: Some evidence from US-listed Chinese companies," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 24-33, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accoun:v:35:y:2000:i:1:p:27-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.