Does Convergence of Accounting Standards Lead to the Convergence of Accounting Practices?: A Study from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Street, Donna L. & Bryant, Stephanie M., 2000. "Disclosure Level and Compliance with IASs: A Comparison of Companies With and Without U.S. Listings and Filings," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 305-329, September.
- Rueschhoff, Norlin G. & Strupeck, C. David, 1998. "Equity returns: Local GAAP versus U.S. GAAP for foreign issuers from developing countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 377-389.
- Herrmann, Don & Thomas, Wayne B., 1997. "Geographic segment disclosures: Theories, findings, and implications," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 487-501.
- Chamisa, Edward E., 2000. "The Relevance and Observance of the IASC Standards in Developing Countries and the Particular Case of Zimbabwe," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 267-286, July.
- Street, Donna L. & Nichols, Nancy B. & Gray, Sidney J., 2000. "Assessing the Acceptability of International Accounting Standards in the US: An Empirical Study of the Materiality of US GAAP Reconciliations by Non-US Companies Complying with IASC Standards," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 27-63, March.
- Garrido, Pascual & Leon, Angel & Zorio, Ana, 2002. "Measurement of formal harmonization progress:: The IASC experience," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-26.
- Emenyonu, Emmanuel N. & Gray, Sidney J., 1996. "International accounting harmonization and the major developed stock market countries: An empirical study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 269-279.
- Xiao, Zezhong, 1999. "Corporate disclosures made by Chinese listed companies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 349-373, August.
- P. Weetman & E. A. E. Jones & C. A. Adams & S. J. Gray, 1998. "Profit Measurement and UK Accounting Standards: A Case of Increasing Disharmony in Relation to US GAAP and IASs," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 189-208, March.
- Street, Donna L. & Gray, Sidney J. & Bryant, Stephanie M., 1999. "Acceptance and Observance of International Accounting Standards: An Empirical Study of Companies Claiming to Comply with IASs," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 11-48.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei Zhou & Liansheng Wu & Hong Wang, 2016. "The Consequences of Increasing the Scope of Managerial Judgement in Accounting Standards," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(3), pages 404-440, September.
- Trien Le & Trevor Buck, 2011. "State ownership and listed firm performance: a universally negative governance relationship?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 15(2), pages 227-248, May.
- Tan, Youchao & Zhu, Zhenmei & Zeng, Cheng & Gao, Minghua, 2014. "Does external finance pressure affect corporate disclosure of Chinese non-state-owned enterprises?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 212-222.
- Song, Jing & Wang, Rui & Cavusgil, Salih Tamer, 2015. "State ownership and market orientation in China's public firms: An agency theory perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 690-699.
- Hooghiemstra, Reggy, 2010. "Letters to the shareholders: A content analysis comparison of letters written by CEOs in the United States and Japan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 275-300, September.
- Yu Chen & Zabihollah Rezaee, 2012. "The role of corporate governance in convergence with IFRS: evidence from China," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 171-188.
More about this item
KeywordsAccounting convergence Accounting regulations in China Capital markets in China Emerging markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accoun:v:43:y:2008:i:4:p:448-468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.