The association between stock returns and foreign GAAP earnings versus earnings adjusted to U.S. GAAP
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:30:y:1992:i:2:p:286-296 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clarkson, Peter M & Thompson, Rex, 1990. " Empirical Estimates of Beta When Investors Face Estimation Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 431-453, June.
- Franklin R. Edwards, 1993. "Listing of Foreign Securities on U.S. Exchanges," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(4), pages 28-36.
- repec:bla:joares:v:29:y:1991:i:1:p:19-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-793, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, June.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1992. "Model Specification Tests and Artificial Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 102-146, March.
- William J. Baumol & Burton G. Malkiel, 1993. "Redundant Regulation Of Foreign Security Trading And U.S. Competitiveness," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(4), pages 19-27.
- Fisher, Gordon R. & McAleer, Michael, 1981.
"Alternative procedures and associated tests of significance for non-nested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 103-119, May.
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1981. "Alternative Procedures and Associated Tests of Significance for Non-Nested Hypotheses," Working Papers 420, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1991. " Disclosure, Liquidity, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1325-1359, September.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Beckers, Stan & Grinold, Richard & Rudd, Andrew & Stefek, Dan, 1992. "The relative importance of common factors across the European equity markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 75-95, February.
- Jacobson, Robert & Aaker, David, 1993. "Myopic management behavior with efficient, but imperfect, financial markets : A comparison of information asymmetries in the U.S. and Japan," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-405, October.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1983. "Testing Non-Nested Models after Estimation by Instrumental Variables or Least Squares," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 355-365, March.
- Cumby, Robert E & Glen, Jack D, 1990. " Evaluating the Performance of International Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 497-521, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v:31:y:1993:i::p:183-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heston, Steven L. & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 1994. "Does industrial structure explain the benefits of international diversification?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-27, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rueschhoff, Norlin G. & Strupeck, C. David, 1998. "Equity returns: Local GAAP versus U.S. GAAP for foreign issuers from developing countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 377-389.
- Edward M. Werner, 2011. "The value relevance of pension accounting information: evidence fromFortune 200 firms," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 427-458, November.
- Hora, Judith A. & Tondkar, Rasoul H. & McEwen, Ruth Ann, 2003. "Effect of foreign GAAP earnings and Form 20-F reconciliations on revisions of analysts' forecasts," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 71-93.
- Philip Brown & Greg Clinch, 1998. "Global Harmonisation of Accounting Standards: What Research into Capital Markets Tells Us," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 8(15), pages 21-29, May.
- Van der Meulen, Sofie & Gaeremynck, Ann & Willekens, Marleen, 2007. "Attribute differences between U.S. GAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 123-142.
- Douthett, Edward Jr. & Duchac, Jonathan E. & Haw, In-Mu & Lim, Steve C., 2003. "Differential levels of disclosure and the earnings-return association: evidence from foreign registrants in the United States," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 145-162.
- Ioannis Tsalavoutas & Paul André & Lisa Evans, 2009. "Transition to IFRS and value relevance in a small but developed market: A look at Greek evidence," Post-Print halshs-00460532, HAL.
- Thomas Plenborg, 1998. "A comparison of the information content of US and Danish earnings," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 41-63.
- Carol Adams & Pauline Weetman & Edward Jones & Sidney Gray, 1999. "Reducing the burden of US GAAP reconciliations by foreign companies listed in the United States: the key question of materiality," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22.
- Bryan Howieson, 1998. "International Harmonisation: He Who Pays the Piper Calls the Tune," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 8(15), pages 3-12, May.
- Hilary, Gilles, 2003. "Accounting behavior of German firms after an ADR issuance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 355-376.
- Kam Chan & Samir El-Gazzar & Philip Finn & Rudy Jacob, 2006. "Simultaneous Releases of U.S. and Foreign GAAP Earnings," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(2), pages 161-168, May.
- Taisier A. Zoubi & Feras Salama & Mahmud Hossain & Yass A. Alkafaji, 2016. "The Value Relevance of Components of Other Comprehensive Income When Net Income Is Disaggregated," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(04), pages 1-36, December.
- Alessandro Mechelli & Riccardo Cimini, 2013. "Assessing value relevance of comprehensive income in European banks and other financial institutions," FINANCIAL REPORTING, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(1), pages 13-41.
- Bailey, Warren & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Salva, Carolina, 2006.
"The economic consequences of increased disclosure: Evidence from international cross-listings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 175-213, July.
- Bailey, Warren & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Salva, Carolina, 2004. "The Economic Consequences of Increased Disclosure:Evidence from International Cross-Listings," Working Paper Series 2004-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:2:p:161-168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Hwang, Lee Seok & Weintrop, Joseph, 2001. "The Value Relevance of Foreign Income: An Australian, Canadian, and British Comparison," Working Papers 01-3, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Reza Tajaddini & Timothy Falcon Crack & Helen Roberts, 2015. "Price and Earnings Momentum, Transaction Costs, and an Innovative Practitioner Technique," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 555-597, December.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:182-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Truong, Cameron, 2010. "Post earnings announcement drift and the roles of drift-enhanced factors in New Zealand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 139-157, April.
- Nadia Sbei Trabelsi & Mohamed Trabelsi, 2014. "The Value Relevance of IFRS in the UAE Banking Industry: Empirical Evidence from Dubai Financial Market, 2008-2013," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(4), pages 60-71, October.
- Harris, Mary S. & Muller III, Karl A., 1999. "The market valuation of IAS versus US-GAAP accounting measures using Form 20-F reconciliations1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 285-312, January.
- Pascal Dumontier & Real Labelle, 1998. "Accounting earnings and firm valuation: the French case," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 163-183.
- Jamal Barzegari Khanagha, 2011. "Value Relevance of Accounting Information in the United Arab Emirates," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(2), pages 33-45, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:21:y:1996:i:1:p:139-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.