The asymptotic distribution of the F-test statistic for individual effects
(the number of cross-sections) and T is fixed (the number of time periods). Three theoretical results emerge: (i) the standard F-test procedure will still deliver asymptotically valid inferences; (ii) under (pure) local random effects, the F-test and random effects test procedures have identical asymptotic power; (iii) under local fixed, or random effects which are correlated with the regressors, the F-test will have higher asymptotic power than the random effects test. Copyright Royal Economic Society 2006
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2 Dean Trench Street, Westminster, SW1P 3HE|
Phone: +44 20 3137 6301
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.ectj.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuzo Honda, 1985. "Testing the Error Components Model with Non-Normal Disturbances," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 681-690.
- Ali, Mukhtar M. & Sharma, Subhash C., 1996. "Robustness to nonnormality of regression F-tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 175-205.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., "undated". "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Moulton, Brent R & Randolph, William C, 1989. "Alternative Tests of the Error Components Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 685-693, May.
- Leslie G. Godfrey & Chris D. Orme, 2000. "Controlling the significance levels of prediction error tests for linear regression models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(1), pages 66-83.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Chang, Young-Jae & Li, Qi, 1992. "Monte Carlo results on several new and existing tests for the error component model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 95-120.
- Chesher, Andrew D, 1984. "Testing for Neglected Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 865-872, July.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1971.
"Further Evidence on the Estimation of Dynamic Economic Relations from a Time Series of Cross Sections,"
Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 359-382, March.
- Marc Nerlove, 1968. "Further Evidence on the Estimation of Dynamic Economic Relations from a Time Series of Cross-Sections," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 257, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Qin, Huaizhen & Wan, Alan T.K., 2004. "ON THE PROPERTIES OF THE t- AND F-RATIOS IN LINEAR REGRESSIONS WITH NONNORMAL ERRORS," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 690-700, August.