A Review of the Effect of Social Capital on Human Development in Iran
The present study aims to investigate the effect of social capital on human development in Iran. For this purpose, Iran society in the period 1984 to 2009 by using time series data and Autoregressive Distributed Lags (ARDL) technique has been studied. Due to the quality of social capital variable two variables i.e. the number of judicial cases related to nonsufficient fund checks and embezzlement, bribery and forgery, and elections' participation rate have been used to measure the effect of social capital. The results suggest that there is a negative and significant effect of judicial cases on human development index (HDI) level and elections' participation index statistically has not significant effect on Iran's human development index
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econjournals.com|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk & Ton Van Schaik, 2005.
"Differences in social capital between 54 Western European regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 1053-1064.
- Beugelsdijk, S. & van Schaik, A.B.T.M., 2005. "Differences in social capital between 54 western European regions," Other publications TiSEM 78302d91-740f-4f22-9fe6-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dearmon, Jacob & Grier, Kevin, 2009. "Trust and development," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 210-220, August.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sabatini, Fabio & Sodini, Mauro, 2009.
"The fragility of social capital,"
AICCON Working Papers
59-2009, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Fabio Sabatini & Angelo Antoci & Mauro Sodini, 2009. "The Fragility of Social Capital," Working Papers 2009.16, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Angelo Antoci & Fabio Sabatini & Mauro Sodini, 2009. "The fragility of social capital," Department of Economics University of Siena 551, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ1:2012-04-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.