Financial Liberalisation, Stockmarkets and Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ajit Singh, 1998. "Financial liberalisation, stockmarkets and economic development," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 8(1), pages 165-182.
- Singh, Ajit, 1996. "Financial liberalisation,stockmarkets and economic development," MPRA Paper 53897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- John Mullin, 1993. "Emerging equity markets in the global economy," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 18(Sum), pages 54-83.
- Kenji Kojima, 1994.
"An International Perspective on Japanese Corporate Finance,"
Kobe Economic & Business Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 39, pages 11-59.
- Kenji Kojima, 1994. "An International Perspective on Japanese Corporate Finance," Discussion Paper Series 45, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1995.
"A welfare comparison of intermediaries and financial markets in Germany and the US,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 179-209, February.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1994. "A welfare comparison of intermediaries and financial markets in Germany and the U.S," Working Papers 95-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Cho, Yoon Je, 1986. "Inefficiencies from Financial Liberalization in the Absence of Well-Functioning Equity Markets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 191-199, May.
- Atje, Raymond & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1993. "Stock markets and development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 632-640, April.
- Amsden, Alice H. & Euh, Yoon-Dae, 1993. "South Korea's 1980s financial reforms: Good-bye financial repression (maybe), hello new institutional restraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 379-390, March.
- Cho, Yoon Je, 1989. "Finance and Development: The Korean Approach," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 88-102, Winter.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Corbett, Jennifer & Jenkinson, Tim, 1994. "The Financing of Industry, 1970-89: An International Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 948, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ajit Singh, 1999. "Should Africa promote stock market capitalism?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 343-365.
- Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Corporate financing patterns in emerging markets in the 1980s and the 1990s," MPRA Paper 53663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, A., 1997.
"Liberalisation, the Stock Market and the Market for Corporate Control: A Bridge Too Far for the Indian Economy?,"
Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers
97-af35, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Singh, Ajit, 1998. "Liberalisation, the stock market and the market for corporate control: a bridge too far for the Indian economy?," MPRA Paper 54929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Ajit & Weisse, Bruce A., 1998.
"Emerging stock markets, portfolio capital flows and long-term economie growth: Micro and macroeconomic perspectives,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 607-622, April.
- Singh, A. & Weisse, B. A., 1998. "Emerging Stock Markets, Portfolio Capital Flows and Long-term Economic Growth: Micro and Macroeconomic Perspectives," Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers 98-af40, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- A. Ganesh-Kumar & Kunal Sen & Rajendra R. Vaidya, 2002. "Does the source of financing matter? Financial markets, financial intermediaries and investment in India," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 211-228.
- Castaneda, Gonzalo, 2006. "Economic growth and concentrated ownership in stock markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 249-286, February.
- Yoon Je Cho & Hellmann, Thomas, 1993. "The government's role in Japanese and Korean credit markets : a new institutional economics perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1190, The World Bank.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Hanna Hottenrott & Susanne Thorwarth, 2011.
"Industrial research versus development investment: the implications of financial constraints,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 527-544.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Hottenrott, Hanna & Thorwarth, Susanne, 2009. "Industrial research versus development investment: the implications of financial constraints," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-049, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Chan-Jane Lin & Tawei Wang & Chao-Jung Pan, 2016. "Financial reporting quality and investment decisions for family firms," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 499-532, June.
- Dimelis, Sophia & Giotopoulos, Ioannis & Louri, Helen, 2015.
"Can firms grow without credit?: evidence from the Euro Area, 2005-2011: a quantile panel analysis,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
61157, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sophia Dimelis, Ioannis Giotopoulos and Helen Louri, 2015. "Can Firms Grow Without Credit? Evidence from the Euro Area, 2005-2011: A Quantile Panel Analysis," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 89, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- MarÃa AngÃ©lica ArbelÃ¡ez & Alejandro Becerra & Francisco Fernández & David Forero, 2019. "El sector comercio en Colombia y el crÃ©dito de proveedores," Informes de InvestigaciÃ³n 017610, Fedesarrollo.
- Correia, Ricardo & Población, Javier, 2015. "A structural model with Explicit Distress," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 112-130.
- Ginés Hernández-Cánovas & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2007. "Effect of the Number of Banking Relationships on Credit Availability: Evidence from Panel Data of Spanish Small Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 37-53, January.
- Salvatore Capasso, 2006. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth: A Matter of Information Dynamics," CSEF Working Papers 166, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Philipp Schreiber & Martin Siddiqui, 2018. "Intangible Assets and the Determinants of a Single Bank Relation of German SMEs," European Journal of Business Science and Technology, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 5-30.
- Gorman, Gary G. & Rosa, Peter J. & Faseruk, Alex, 2005. "Institutional lending to knowledge-based businesses," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 793-819, November.
- Silvia Magri, 2014. "Does issuing equity help R&D activity? Evidence from unlisted Italian high-tech manufacturing firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 825-854, November.
- Paul Mizen & Cihan Yalcin, 2006.
"Monetary Policy, Corporate Financial Composition and Real Activity,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 52(1), pages 177-213, March.
- Paul Mizen & Cihan Yalcin, 2006. "Monetary Policy, Corporate Financial Composition and Real Activity," Working Papers 0601, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Valérie Revest & Alessandro Sapio, 2012.
"Financing technology-based small firms in Europe: what do we know?,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 179-205, July.
- Valérie Revest & Alessandro Sapio, 2012. "Financing technology-based small firms in Europe: what do we know?," Post-Print halshs-00606802, HAL.
- Fabio Bertoni & María Ferrer & José Martí, 2013.
"The different roles played by venture capital and private equity investors on the investment activity of their portfolio firms,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 607-633, April.
- Fabio Bertoni & Maria Alejandra Ferrer & Pellon José Marti, 2013. "The different roles played by venture capital and private equity investors on the investment activity of their portfolio firms," Post-Print hal-02312955, HAL.
More about this item
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:107:y:1997:i:442:p:771-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing or Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.