Time discounting in the presence of time constraints
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andersen, Steffen & Harrison, Glenn W. & Lau, Morten I. & Rutström, E. Elisabet, 2014. "Discounting behavior: A reconsideration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 15-33.
- Pender, John L., 1996. "Discount rates and credit markets: Theory and evidence from rural india," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 257-296, August.
- Ubfal, Diego, 2016.
"How general are time preferences? Eliciting good-specific discount rates,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 150-170.
- Ubfal, Diego, 2012. "How General Are Time Preferences? Eliciting Good-Specific Discount Rates," IZA Discussion Papers 6774, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Diego Ubfal, 2015. "How General Are Time Preferences? Eliciting Good-Specific Discount Rates," Working Papers 554, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Diego Ubfal, 2013. "How General Are Time Preferences? Eliciting Good-Specific Discount Rates," Working Papers 473, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Uri Benzion & Amnon Rapoport & Joseph Yagil, 1989. "Discount Rates Inferred from Decisions: An Experimental Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 270-284, March.
- Howard, Gregory, 2013. "Discounting for personal and social payments: Patience for others, impatience for ourselves," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 583-597.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
- Thaler, Richard, 1981. "Some empirical evidence on dynamic inconsistency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 201-207.
- Trostel, Philip A & Taylor, Grant A, 2001. "A Theory of Time Preference," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(3), pages 379-395, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kumar, Pradeep & Kant, Shashi, 2019. "Endogenous time preferences of forest goods and community-based forest management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 205-214.
- Marieka M. Klawitter & C. Leigh Anderson & Mary Kay Gugerty, 2013. "Savings And Personal Discount Rates In A Matched Savings Program For Low-Income Families," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 468-485, July.
- Holden, Stein T. & Sommervoll, Dag Einar & Tilahun, Mesfin, 2020. "Mental Zooming as Variable Asset Integration in Inter-temporal Choice," CLTS Working Papers 7/20, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- C. Leigh ANDERSON & Mary Kay GUGERTY, 2009. "Intertemporal Choice And Development Policy: New Evidence On Time‐Varying Discount Rates From Vietnam And Russia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 47(2), pages 123-146, June.
- Tomomi Tanaka & Colin F Camerer & Quang Nguyen, 2006. "Poverty, politics, and preferences: Field Experiments and survey data from Vietnam," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000001099, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Yusuke Kinari & Fumio Ohtake & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2009.
"Time discounting: Declining impatience and interval effect,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 87-112, August.
- Yusuke Kinari & Fumio Ohtake & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2007. "Time Discounting: Declining Impatience and Interval Effect," ISER Discussion Paper 0679, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Lloyd-Smith, Patrick & Adamowicz, Wiktor & Entem, Alicia & Fenichel, Eli P. & Rouhi Rad, Mani, 2021. "The decade after tomorrow: Estimation of discount rates from realistic temporal decisions over long time horizons," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 158-174.
- Musau, Andrew, 2009. "Modeling Alternatives to Exponential Discounting," MPRA Paper 16416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Galizzi, Matteo M. & Miraldo, Marisa & Stavropoulou, Charitini & van der Pol, Marjon, 2016.
"Doctor–patient differences in risk and time preferences: A field experiment,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 171-182.
- Galizzi, Matteo M. & Miraldo, Marisa & Stavropoulou, Charitini & van der Pol, Marjon, 2016. "Doctor–patient differences in risk and time preferences: a field experiment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68143, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Booij, Adam S. & van Praag, Bernard M.S., 2009. "A simultaneous approach to the estimation of risk aversion and the subjective time discount rate," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 374-388, May.
- Stein T. Holden & John Quiggin, 2017. "Bounded awareness and anomalies in intertemporal choice: Zooming in Google Earth as both metaphor and model," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 15-35, February.
- Teck H. Ho & Noah Lim & Colin Camerer, 2005. "Modeling the Psychology of Consumer and Firm Behavior with Behavioral Economics," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000476, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Tomomi Tanaka & Colin F. Camerer & Quang Nguyen, 2006. "Preferences, Poverty and Politics: Experimental and Survey Data from Vietnam," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000054, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hermann, Daniel & Rüther, Dörte & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2015. "Die Zeitpräferenz von Landwirten," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 69(4), pages 396-417.
- Manzini, Paola & Mariotti, Marco, 2007. "Choice Over Time," IZA Discussion Papers 2993, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Breuer, Wolfgang & Soypak, Can K. & Steininger, Bertram, 2020. "Conventional or Reverse Magnitude Effect for Negative Outcomes: A Matter of Framing," Working Paper Series 20/16, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Real Estate and Construction Management & Banking and Finance.
- Chen Wang & Ricardo Daziano, 2015. "On the problem of measuring discount rates in intertemporal transportation choices," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(6), pages 1019-1038, November.
- Shinsuke Ikeda & Myong-Il Kang, 2015. "Hyperbolic Discounting, Borrowing Aversion and Debt Holding," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 421-446, December.
- Laurent Denant-Boemont & Enrico Diecidue & Olivier l’Haridon, 2017.
"Patience and time consistency in collective decisions,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 20(1), pages 181-208, March.
- Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Enrico Diecidue & Olivier L'Haridon, 2013. "Patience and Time Consistency in Collective Decisions," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201329, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Laurent Denant-Boemont & Enrico Diecidue & Olivier L’haridon, 2017. "Patience and time consistency in collective decisions," Post-Print halshs-01306949, HAL.
- Huang, Yeu-Shiang & Wu, Hui-Chen, 2007. "A power law type of time preference on intertemporal choices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 718-728, December.
More about this item
KeywordsTime discounting; Intertemporal choice; Time constraints;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-18-00207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: John P. Conley (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.