Benford's law for audit of public works: an analysis of overpricing in MaracanÃ£ soccer arena's renovation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernhard Rauch & Max Göttsche & Gernot Brähler & Stefan Engel, 2011. "Fact and Fiction in EU‐Governmental Economic Data," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(3), pages 243-255, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo Sartori Cella & Ercilio Zanolla, 2018. "Benford’s Law and transparency: an analysis of municipal expenditure," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 15(4), pages 331-347, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- T. A. Mir, 2016. "The leading digit distribution of the worldwide illicit financial flows," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 271-281, January.
- Timothy C. Irwin, 2015. "Defining The Government'S Debt And Deficit," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 711-732, September.
- Ausloos, Marcel & Cerqueti, Roy & Mir, Tariq A., 2017.
"Data science for assessing possible tax income manipulation: The case of Italy,"
Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 238-256.
- Marcel Ausloos & Roy Cerqueti & Tariq A. Mir, 2017. "Data science for assessing possible tax income manipulation: The case of Italy," Papers 1709.02129, arXiv.org.
- Samà, Danilo, 2014.
"Cartel Detection and Collusion Screening: An Empirical Analysis of the London Metal Exchange,"
55363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samà, Danilo, 2016. "Cartel detection and collusion screening: an empirical analysis of the London Metal Exchange," MPRA Paper 103117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ausloos, Marcel & Castellano, Rosella & Cerqueti, Roy, 2016. "Regularities and discrepancies of credit default swaps: a data science approach through Benford's law," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 8-17.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan, 2014. "The impact of fiscal austerity on suicide: On the empirics of a modern Greek tragedy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 39-50.
- Rabeea Sadaf, 2017. "Advanced Statistical Techniques For Testing Benford'S Law," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 229-238, December.
- Natasa Omerzu & Iztok Kolar, 2019. "Do the Financial Statements of Listed Companies on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange Pass the Benford’s Law Test?," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(1), pages 54-64, January.
- Ausloos, M. & Herteliu, C. & Ileanu, B., 2015. "Breakdown of Benford’s law for birth data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 419(C), pages 736-745.
- Donna, Javier & Espin-Sanchez, Jose, 2014.
"Complements and Substitutes in Sequential Auctions: The Case of Water Auctions,"
55079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donna, Javier & Espin-Sanchez, Jose, 2018. "Complements and Substitutes in Sequential Auctions: The Case of Water Auctions," MPRA Paper 90052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vadim S. Balashov & Yuxing Yan & Xiaodi Zhu, 2020. "Who Manipulates Data During Pandemics? Evidence from Newcomb-Benford Law," Papers 2007.14841, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2021.
- Stenfors, Alexis, 2018.
"Bid-ask spread determination in the FX swap market: Competition, collusion or a convention?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 78-97.
- Alexis Stenfors, 2017. "Bid-Ask Spread Determination in the FX Swap Market: Competition, Collusion or a Convention?," Working Papers in Economics & Finance 2017-03, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Business School, Economics and Finance Subject Group.
- Samà, Danilo, 2014. "Essays on economic analysis of competition law: theory and practice," MPRA Paper 103118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clippe, Paulette & Ausloos, Marcel, 2012.
"Benford’s law and Theil transform of financial data,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(24), pages 6556-6567.
- Paulette Clippe & Marcel Ausloos, 2012. "Benford's law and Theil transform of financial data," Papers 1208.5896, arXiv.org.
- Miranda-Zanetti, Maximilano & Delbianco, Fernando & Tohmé, Fernando, 2019. "Tampering with inflation data: A Benford law-based analysis of national statistics in Argentina," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 525(C), pages 761-770.
- Florian El Mouaaouy & Jan Riepe, 2018. "Benford and the Internal Capital Market: A Useful Indicator of Managerial Engagement," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 19(3), pages 309-329, August.
- Holz, Carsten A., 2014. "The quality of China's GDP statistics," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 309-338.
- Montag, Josef, 2017. "Identifying odometer fraud in used car market data," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 10-23.
- Wójcik, Michał Ryszard, 2014. "A characterization of Benford’s law through generalized scale-invariance," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 1-5.
- Marcel Ausloos & Rosella Castellano & Roy Cerqueti, 2016. "Regularities and Discrepancies of Credit Default Swaps: a Data Science approach through Benford's Law," Papers 1603.01103, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsAudit. Public works. Newcomb-Benford's law. Overpricing.;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-14-00694. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.