Cartel Detection and Collusion Screening: An Empirical Analysis of the London Metal Exchange
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Samà, Danilo, 2016. "Cartel detection and collusion screening: an empirical analysis of the London Metal Exchange," MPRA Paper 103117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernhard Rauch & Max Göttsche & Gernot Brähler & Stefan Engel, 2011. "Fact and Fiction in EU‐Governmental Economic Data," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(3), pages 243-255, August.
- Rosa Abrantes-Metz & Sofia Villas-Boas & George Judge, 2011.
"Tracking the Libor rate,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(10), pages 893-899.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Judge, George & Abrantes-Metz, Rosa, 2011. "Tracking the Libor Rate," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0g79j32p, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Abrantes-Metz, Rosa & Villas-Boas, Sofia B. & Judge, George G., 2013. "Tracking the Libor Rate," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2p33x7dk, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Samà, Danilo, 2014. "Essays on economic analysis of competition law: theory and practice," MPRA Paper 103118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ausloos, Marcel & Cerqueti, Roy & Mir, Tariq A., 2017.
"Data science for assessing possible tax income manipulation: The case of Italy,"
Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 238-256.
- Marcel Ausloos & Roy Cerqueti & Tariq A. Mir, 2017. "Data science for assessing possible tax income manipulation: The case of Italy," Papers 1709.02129, arXiv.org.
- Tariq Ahmad Mir & Marcel Ausloos & Roy Cerqueti, 2014. "Benford's law predicted digit distribution of aggregated income taxes: the surprising conformity of Italian cities and regions," Papers 1410.2890, arXiv.org.
- Donna, Javier & Espin-Sanchez, Jose, 2014.
"Complements and Substitutes in Sequential Auctions: The Case of Water Auctions,"
55079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donna, Javier & Espin-Sanchez, Jose, 2018. "Complements and Substitutes in Sequential Auctions: The Case of Water Auctions," MPRA Paper 90052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcel Ausloos & Rosella Castellano & Roy Cerqueti, 2016. "Regularities and Discrepancies of Credit Default Swaps: a Data Science approach through Benford's Law," Papers 1603.01103, arXiv.org.
- Nicole El Karoui & Stéphane Loisel & Jean-Luc Prigent & Julien Vedani, 2017. "Market inconsistencies of the market-consistent European life insurance economic valuations: pitfalls and practical solutions," Post-Print hal-01242023, HAL.
- Timothy C. Irwin, 2015. "Defining The Government'S Debt And Deficit," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 711-732, September.
- Carrera, César, 2015.
"Tracking exchange rate management in Latin America,"
Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 35-41.
- César Carrera, 2015. "Tracking the Exchange Rate Management in Latin America," Working Papers 2015-28, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Natasa Omerzu & Iztok Kolar, 2019. "Do the Financial Statements of Listed Companies on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange Pass the Benford’s Law Test?," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(1), pages 54-64, January.
- Theoharry Grammatikos & Nikolaos I. Papanikolaou, 2021. "Applying Benford’s Law to Detect Accounting Data Manipulation in the Banking Industry," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 115-142, April.
- Stenfors, Alexis, 2018.
"Bid-ask spread determination in the FX swap market: Competition, collusion or a convention?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 78-97.
- Alexis Stenfors, 2017. "Bid-Ask Spread Determination in the FX Swap Market: Competition, Collusion or a Convention?," Working Papers in Economics & Finance 2017-03, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Business School, Economics and Finance Subject Group.
- Aurelio Fernandez Bariviera & María Belén Guercio & Lisana B. Martinez & Osvaldo A. Rosso, 2015.
"The (in)visible hand in the Libor market: an information theory approach,"
The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 88(8), pages 1-9, August.
- Aurelio F. Bariviera & M. Bel'en Guercio & Lisana B. Martinez & Osvaldo A. Rosso, 2015. "The (in)visible hand in the Libor market: an Information Theory approach," Papers 1508.04748, arXiv.org.
- David P. Brown & Andrew Eckert & James Lin, 2018.
"Information and transparency in wholesale electricity markets: evidence from Alberta,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 292-330, December.
- Brown, David P. & Eckert, Andrew & Lin, James, 2018. "Information and Transparency in Wholesale Electricity Markets: Evidence from Alberta," Working Papers 2018-2, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Stoerk, 2015. "Statistical corruption in Beijing’s air quality data has likely ended in 2012," GRI Working Papers 194, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Clippe, Paulette & Ausloos, Marcel, 2012.
"Benford’s law and Theil transform of financial data,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(24), pages 6556-6567.
- Paulette Clippe & Marcel Ausloos, 2012. "Benford's law and Theil transform of financial data," Papers 1208.5896, arXiv.org.
- Miranda-Zanetti, Maximilano & Delbianco, Fernando & Tohmé, Fernando, 2019. "Tampering with inflation data: A Benford law-based analysis of national statistics in Argentina," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 525(C), pages 761-770.
- Florian El Mouaaouy & Jan Riepe, 2018. "Benford and the Internal Capital Market: A Useful Indicator of Managerial Engagement," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 19(3), pages 309-329, August.
- Holz, Carsten A., 2014. "The quality of China's GDP statistics," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 309-338.
- Montag, Josef, 2017. "Identifying odometer fraud in used car market data," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 10-23.
- Wójcik, Michał Ryszard, 2014. "A characterization of Benford’s law through generalized scale-invariance," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 1-5.
More about this item
KeywordsBenford's Law; Cartel Detection; Collusion Screening; Competition Authorities; Data Manipulation; Monopolization; Oligopolistic Markets; Price Fixing; Variance Screen;
All these keywords.
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2014-04-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HME-2014-04-29 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-IND-2014-04-29 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-LAW-2014-04-29 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.