Cournot competition and location choice with wage bargaining
Equilibrium locations are analyzed in location-quantity games, in which firms acquire labor inputs through bilateral monopoly relations with independent labor union. We find that the pattern of locations varies as the transport rate increase in a linear city. In a circular city, firms locate equidistant form each other.
Volume (Year): 12 (2008)
Issue (Month): 22 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José María Chamorro Rivas, 2000. "Spatial dispersion in cournot competition," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 145-152.
- Thierry Mayer, 2000.
"Spatial Cournot Competition and Heterogeneous Production Costs Across Locations,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Mayer, Thierry, 2000. "Spatial Cournot competition and heterogeneous production costs across locations," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 325-352, May.
- Mayer, T., 1999. "Spatial Cournot Competition and Heterogeneous Production Costs Across Locations," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999.89, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Matsushima, Noriaki, 2001. "Cournot competition and spatial agglomeration revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 175-177, November.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Naylor, Robin, 1998. "International trade and economic integration when labour markets are generally unionised," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1251-1267, July.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:1:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Weskamp, Anita, 1989.
"Spatial discrimination : Bertrand vs. Cournot in a model of location choice,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 87-102, February.
- HAMILTON, Jonathan H. & THISSE, Jacques-François & WESKAMP, Anita, . "Spatial discrimination. Bertrand vs. Cournot in a model of location choice," CORE Discussion Papers RP 846, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, Simon P & Neven, Damien J, 1991. "Cournot Competition Yields Spatial Agglomeration," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(4), pages 793-808, November.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2004.
"Bilateral monopolies and location choice,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 275-288, May.
- Gupta, Barnali & Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy, 1997. "Spatial Cournot competition and agglomeration in a model of location choice," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 261-282, June.
- Gupta, Barnali & Lai, Fu-Chuan & Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2004. "Where to locate in a circular city?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 759-782, June.
- Pal, Debashis, 1998. "Does Cournot competition yield spatial agglomeration?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 49-53, July.
- Alessandra Chirco & Marcella Scrimitore & Corrado Benassi, 2007. "Spatial Discrimination with Quantity Competition and High Transportation Costs: a Note," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(1), pages 1-7.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-08l10020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.