Profitable mergers with endogenous tariffs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, Carl & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2007. "Horizontal mergers with free entry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 157-172, February.
- Pedro Mendi & RÃ³bert F. Veszteg, 2007. "Sustainability of Collusion: Evidence from the Late 19th Century Basque Iron and Steel Industry," Faculty Working Papers 04/07, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Mendi & Róbert F. Veszteg, 2009. "Sustainability of collusion: evidence from the late 19th century basque iron and steel industry," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 33(3), pages 385-405, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Amir, Rabah & Diamantoudi, Effrosyni & Xue, Licun, 2009.
"Merger performance under uncertain efficiency gains,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 264-273, March.
- AMIR, Rabah & DIAMANTOUDI, Effrosyni & XUE, Licun, 2003. "Merger performance under uncertain efficiency gains," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2003038, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- AMIR, Rabah & DIAMANTOUDI, Effrosyni & XUE, Licun, 2008. "Merger Performance under Uncertain Efficiency Gains," Cahiers de recherche 09-2008, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Licun Xue & Rabah Amir & Effrosyni Diamantoudi, 2004. "Merger Performance under Uncertain Efficiency Gains," Working Papers 2004.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Rabah Amir & Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Licun Xue, 2006. "Merger Performance Under Uncertain Efficiency Gains," Departmental Working Papers 2005-07, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Fikru, Mahelet G. & Gautier, Luis, 2020. "Are big mergers welfare enhancing when there is environmental externality?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
- Heywood, John S. & McGinty, Matthew, 2011. "Cross-border mergers in a mixed oligopoly," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 382-389, January.
- Simon P. Anderson, Nisvan Erkal and, 2009. "Aggregative Oligopoly Games with Entry," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1175, The University of Melbourne, revised 2013.
- Federico Etro, 2010. "Endogenous market structures and antitrust policy," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 57(1), pages 9-45, March.
- Liu, Chih-Chen & Mukherjee, Arijit & Wang, Leonard F.S., 2015. "Horizontal merger under strategic tax policy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 184-186.
- Thomas Giebe & Miyu Lee, 2020.
"Competitors in merger control: Shall they be merely heard or also listened to?,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 431-453, June.
- Thomas Giebe & Miyu Lee, 2015. "Competitors In Merger Control: Shall They Be Merely Heard Or Also Listened To?," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2015-011, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Giebe, Thomas & Lee, Miyu, 2019. "Competitors In Merger Control: Shall They Be Merely Heard Or Also Listened To?," MPRA Paper 62428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:94-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Chih-Chen & Wang, Leonard F.S., 2015. "Leading merger in a Stackelberg oligopoly: Profitability and consumer welfare," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 1-3.
- Etro, Federico, 2019.
"Mergers of complements and entry in innovative industries,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 302-326.
- Federico Etro, 2019. "Mergers of Complements and Entry in Innovative Industries," Working Papers - Economics wp2019_15.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Erkal, Nisvan & Piccinin, Daniel, 2010. "Cooperative R&D under uncertainty with free entry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 74-85, January.
- Creane, Anthony & Konishi, Hideo, 2009. "The unilateral incentives for technology transfers: Predation (and deterrence) by proxy," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 379-389, May.
- Beladi, Hamid & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2012. "Footloose foreign firm and profitable domestic merger," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 186-194.
- Nobuo Matsubayashi & Tatsuya Hashimoto, 2010. "Horizontal merger of differentiated firms with product consolidation: the effect of change in substitutability," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 94-102.
- Duarte Brito & Daniel Magueta, 2014. "Horizontal Mergers, Entry and International Trade," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 923-943, November.
- Ralph B. Siebert, 2019. "Estimating Differential Dynamic Merger Effects on Market Structure and Entry in Related Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 55(3), pages 431-458, November.
- Hamid Beladi & Reza Oladi, 2016. "On Mergers and Agglomeration," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 345-358, February.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas, 2009. "On efficiency, concentration and welfare," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2009040, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jovanovic, Dragan & Wey, Christian, 2012. "An equilibrium analysis of efficiency gains from mergers," DICE Discussion Papers 64, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Kaplow, Louis & Shapiro, Carl, 2007.
Handbook of Law and Economics, in: A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell (ed.), Handbook of Law and Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 1073-1225,
- Louis Kaplow & Carl Shapiro, 2007. "Antitrust," NBER Working Papers 12867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shapiro, Carl, 2007. "Antitrust," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt9pt7p9bm, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Marc Escrihuela-Villar & Ramon Faulí-Oller, 2008.
"Mergers in asymmetric Stackelberg markets,"
Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 279-288, December.
- Ramón Faulí-Oller & Marc Escrihuela, 2007. "Mergers In Asymmetric Stackelberg Markets," Working Papers. Serie AD 2007-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Marc Escrihuela Villar & Ramon Fauli Oller, 2007. "Mergers in Asymmetric Stackelberg Markets," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EC200701, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-07l10021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.