Coping With Data Limitations When Measuring Oligopoly Power In A Developing Country
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- Lahcen Achy & Khalid Sekkat, 2003. "The European Single Currency and MENA's Exports to Europe," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 563-582, November.
- Khalid Sekkat & Lahcen Achy, 2007. "Competition, efficiency and competition policy in Morocco," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7404, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057, Elsevier.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lahcen Achy & Azzeddine Azzam & Khalid Sekkat, 2008. "Inference of Oligopoly Power with Limited Data: Manufacturing in Morocco," Working Papers 412, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Craig Gallet, 2001. "The Gradual Response of Market Power to Mergers in the U.S. Steel Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 18(3), pages 327-336, May.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Delis, Manthos D., 2011. "Bank-level estimates of market power," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(3), pages 508-517, August.
- Anthony N. Rezitis & A. Blake Brown & William E. Foster, 1998.
"Adjustment costs and dynamic factor demands for U.S. cigarette manufacturing,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(3), pages 217-231, May.
- Rezitis, Anthony N. & Brown, A. Blake & Foster, William E., 1998. "Adjustment costs and dynamic factor demands for U.S. cigarette manufacturing," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 217-231, May.
- Boyd, Roy G. & Jung, Chulho & Seldon, Barry J., 1995. "The market structure of the US aluminum industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 293-301, August.
- Luis Orea & Jevgenijs Steinbuks, 2018.
"Estimating Market Power In Homogenous Product Markets Using A Composed Error Model: Application To The California Electricity Market,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 56(2), pages 1296-1321, April.
- Orea, L. & Steinbuks, J., 2012. "Estimating market power in homogenous product markets using a composed error model: application to the California electricity market," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1220, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Luis Orea & Jevgenijs Steinbuks, 2012. "Estimating Market Power in Homogeneous Product Markets Using a Composed Error Model: Application to the California Electricity Market," Working Papers EPRG 1210, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Orea, Luis & Steinbuks, Jevgenijs, 2012. "Estimating Market Power in Homogenous Product Markets Using a Composed Error Model: Application to the California Electricity Market," Efficiency Series Papers 2012/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Dae‐Wook Kim & Christopher R. Knittel, 2006.
"Biases In Static Oligopoly Models? Evidence From The California Electricity Market,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 451-470, December.
- Dae-Wook Kim & Christopher R. Knittel, 2004. "Biases in Static Oligopoly Models? Evidence from the California Electricity Market," NBER Working Papers 10895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Knittel & Dae-Wook Kim, 2005. "Biases in Static Oligopoly Models?:Evidence from the California Electricity Market," Working Papers 17, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2007.
"Marktstruktur und Preisbildung auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch,"
Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies,
Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 41, number 92322, December.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2007. "Marktstruktur und Preisbildung auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch [Market structure and pricing on the Ukrainian market for raw milk]," MPRA Paper 21958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Durevall, Dick, 2007. "Competition in the Swedish coffee market, 1978-2002," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 721-739, August.
- Sascha A. Weber & Sven M. Anders, 2007.
"Price rigidity and market power in German retailing,"
Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 737-749.
- Weber, Sascha A. & Anders, Sven M., 2005. "Price Rigidity and Market Power in German Retailing," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24721, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Weber, Sascha A. & Anders, Sven, 2007. "Price Rigidity and Market Power in German Retailing," Discussion Papers 31, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2009. "Market power in local banking monopolies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1196-1210, July.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2013. "Moderne Konzepte zur Analyse der Preisbildung auf dem Faktormarkt mit unvollständigem Wettbewerb," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 99-106.
- Dimitrios Panagiotou & Athanassios Stavrakoudis, 2017.
"A Stochastic Production Frontier Estimator of the Degree of Oligopsony Power in the U.S. Cattle Industry,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 121-133, March.
- Panagiotou, Dimitrios & Stavrakoudis, Athanassios, 2015. "A stochastic production frontier estimator of the degree of oligopsony power in the U.S. cattle industry," MPRA Paper 73525, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Catherine A. Durham, 1991.
"The Empirical Analysis of Oligopsony in Agricultural Markets: Residual Supply Estimation in California's Processing Tomato Market,"
Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports
015, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Durham, Catherine A., 1991. "The Empirical Analysis of Oligopsony in Agricultural Markets: Residual Supply Estimation in California's Processing Tomato Market," Research Reports 25200, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Paolo Angelini & Nicola Cetorelli, 1999.
"Bank competition and regulatory reform: the case of the Italian banking industry,"
Working Paper Series
WP-99-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Angelini, P. & Cetorelli, N., 2000. "Bank Competition and Regulatory Reform: The Case of the Italian Banking Industry," Papers 380, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Paolo Angelini & Nicola Cetorelli, 2000. "Bank Competition and Regulatory Reform: The Case of the Italian Banking Industry," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 380, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Delis, Manthos D. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2009.
"The joint estimation of bank-level market power and efficiency,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1842-1850, October.
- Delis, Manthos D & Tsionas, Efthymios, 2009. "The joint estimation of bank-level market power and efficiency," MPRA Paper 14040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simpasa, Anthony, 2010. "Characterising market power and its determinants in the Zambian banking indudstry," MPRA Paper 27232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sjöström, Magnus, 2004. "Factor Demand and Market Power," Umeå Economic Studies 633, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Rigoberto A. Lopez & Azzeddine M. Azzam & Carmen Liron-Espana, 2001.
"Market Power and/or Efficiency: An Application to U.S. Food Processing,"
Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports
060, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Azzam, Azzeddine M. & Liron-Espana, Carmen, 2001. "Market Power and/or Efficiency: An Application to U.S. Food Processing," Research Reports 25160, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Lourdes Moreno & Diego Rodríguez, 2004.
"Domestic and Foreign Price/Marginal‐cost Margins: an Application to Spanish Manufacturing Firms,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 60-80, February.
- Lourdes Moreno Martín & Diego Rodríguez Rodríguez, 2000. "Domestic and foreign price-marginal cost margins: An application to Spanish manufacturing firms," Working Papers 00-03, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
More about this item
KeywordsOligopoly power measurement; Developing countries; Morocco; Manufacturing; Sales Revenue and Payroll;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:eerese:v:9:y2009:i:9_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan). General contact details of provider: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.