El capital humano en America Latina en el periodo 1965-90 y su contribucion al desarrollo economico
El objetivo de este trabajo es el analisis de la contribucion de la educacion al crecimiento economico en America Latina, mediante un analisis que parte de la tradicional funcion de produccion Cobb-Douglas, siguiendo el enfoque de Neira y Guisan (1999), pero en el que se realiza una nueva forma de analisis del efecto que la educacion ejerce sobre el crecimiento del PIB per capita a traves de su relacion con el capital fisico. The aim of this paper is to analyse the contribution of education to economic growth in Latin America, throughout an analysis that starts from the traditional Cobb-Douglas production function, but in which a new analytical tool is employed to study the effect that education has over the growth of the GDP per capita through its relation with physical capital.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Paul Romer, 1989. "Endogenous Technological Change," NBER Working Papers 3210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul M Romer, 1999. "Endogenous Technological Change," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2135, David K. Levine.
- Guisan, M. Carmen, 1997. "Economic growth and education: a new international policy," Economic Development 18, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics.. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:eedein:v:1:y2001:i:1_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.