Influence the capital structure on the cost of capital and enterprise value in multinationals
The main problems identified in determination of capital structure are referred to identifying the source of relevant funds, evaluation of risks generated by using some funds and their costs in order to ensure the autonomy of the enterprise. The objective of any company is to achieve optimal capital structure, which is approached by minimizing average cost of capital and maximizing the market value of the company. Thus, this paper aims to study the influence of capital structure on the cost of capital and enterprise value, in the case of two multinational companies, in order to identify optimal financial structures, and the differences between them.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Singh, Kuljot & Hodder, James E., 2000. "Multinational capital structure and financial flexibility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 853-884, December.
- Andreas Hoffjan & Michael Rösmann, 2002. "Capital structure design of foreign subsidiaries in multinational corporate groups with a German parent company," Working Papers hal-00593870, HAL.
- Mari Avarmaa & Aaro Hazak & Kadri Männasoo, 2011. "Capital structure formation in multinational and local companies in the Baltic States," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 11(1), pages 125-146, July.
- Shapiro, Alan C., 1978. "Financial Structure and Cost of Capital in the Multinational Corporation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 211-226, June.
- Hoffjan, Andreas & Rosmann, Michael, 2002. "Capital structure design of foreign subsidiaries in multinational corporate groups with a German parent company," Arbeitspapiere des Lehrstuhls für Betriebswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere Controlling 4-1, University of Münster, Chair of Management Accounting.
- Chkir, Imed Eddine & Cosset, Jean-Claude, 2001. "Diversification strategy and capital structure of multinational corporations," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 17-37, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dug:journl:y:2012:i:4:p:7-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Nuta)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.