Essor des marchés boursiers et croissance de l’immatériel:de nouveaux défis pour la comptabilité
(VF)À cause de l’essor des marchés boursiers, pour satisfaire les besoins des investisseurs, la comptabilité doit mieux rendre compte des faits créateurs de valeur. Or, du fait de la croissance des investissements immatériels, la comptabilité est de moins en moins apte à fournir des chiffres qui reflètent la valeur de l’entreprise. Cet article analyse ce paradoxe qui constitue un véritable défi pour les organismes de normalisation comptable. (VA) Because of the rapid growth of capital markets, financial accounting information has become more and more oriented toward the disclosure of value-relevant events to satisfy the information needs of market participants. At the same time, because firms invest increasingly in intangibles, the value-relevance of accounting figures has been continuously declining. The present article analyses this paradox, which constitutes a genuine challenge to accounting-standards -setting bodies.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foster, George, 1980. " Externalities and Financial Reporting," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 521-33, May.
- Wayne R. Landsman, 2002. "Has the Information Content of Quarterly Earnings Announcements Declined in the Past Three Decades?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 797-808, 06.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Maydew, Edward L. & Weiss, Ira S., 1997. "Changes in the value-relevance of earnings and book values over the past forty years," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-67, December.
- Louis K. C. Chan, 2001. "The Stock Market Valuation of Research and Development Expenditures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2431-2456, December.
- Archambault, Jeffrey J. & Archambault, Marie E., 2003. "A multinational test of determinants of corporate disclosure," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 173-194.
- Leftwich, Richard, 1980. "Market failure fallacies and accounting information," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-211, December.
- Pascal Dumontier & Bernard Raffournier, 2002. "Accounting and capital markets: a survey of the European evidence," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 119-151.
- Basu, Sudipta, 1997. "The conservatism principle and the asymmetric timeliness of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-37, December.
- Ruud Vergoossen, 1993. "The use and perceived importance of annual reports by investment analysts in the Netherlands," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 219-244.
- Baker, C. Richard & Wallage, Philip, 2000. "The Future of Financial Reporting in Europe: Its Role in Corporate Governance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 173-187, 07.
- Joachim Hoegh-Krohn, Nils E. & Knivsfla, Kjell Henry, 2000. "Accounting for Intangible Assets in Scandinavia, the UK, the US, and by the IASC: Challenges and a Solution," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 243-265, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dij:revfcs:v:7:y:2004:i:q2:p:11-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gérard Charreaux)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.