Greenback-Gold Returns and Expectations of Resumption, 1862–1879
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gregor W. Smith & R. Todd Smith, 1996. "Greenback-Gold Returns and Expectations of Resumption, 1862-1879," Working Papers 1255, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Burdekin Richard C. K. & Langdana Farrokh K., 1993. "War Finance in the Southern Confederacy, 1861-1865," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 352-376, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor, 2003.
"Sovereign risk, credibility and the gold standard: 1870-1913 versus 1925-31,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(487), pages 241-275, April.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor, 2002. "Sovereign Risk, Credibility and the Gold Standard: 1870-1913 versus 1925-31," NBER Working Papers 9345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor & ), 2003. "Sovereign Risk, Credibility and the Gold Standard: 1870-1913 versus 1925-31," International Trade 0303001, EconWPA.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Taylor, Alan M., 2003. "Sovereign Risk, Credibility and the Gold Standard: 1870-1913 versus 1925-31," CEPR Discussion Papers 3688, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Taylor, Alan M., 2003. "Sovereign Risk, Credibility and the Gold Standard: 1870-1913 versus 1925-31," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt6f15n0h0, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- William A. Bomberger & Gail E. Makinen, 2010. "Seigniorage, Legal Tender, And The Demand Notes Of 1861," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 916-932, October.
- Jean-Sébastien Pentecôte & Marc-Alexandre Sénégas, 2003.
"Comment fixer les cours de change?. Annonces et correspondances maastrichtiennes,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 69(1), pages 39-71.
- Jean-Sébastien PENTECOTE & Marc-Alexandre SENEGAS, 2003. "Comment fixer les cours de change? Annonces et correspondances maastrichtiennes," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2003012, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Meulemann, Max & Uebele, Martin & Wilfling, Bernd, 2014.
"The restoration of the gold standard after the US Civil War: A volatility analysis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 37-46.
- Max Meulemann & Martin Uebele & Bernd Wilfling, 2011. "The Restoration of the Gold Standard after the US Civil War: A Volatility Analysis," CQE Working Papers 2011, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Max Meulemann & Martin Uebele & Bernd Wilfling, 2012. "The Restoration of the Gold Standard after the US Civil War: A Volatility Analysis," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd12-251, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Smith, Gregor W., 1995. "Exchange-rate discounting," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 659-666, October.
- Pecquet, Gary M. & Thies, Clifford F., 2007. "Texas treasury notes and market manipulation, 1837-1842," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 81-99, January.
More about this item
- N21 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:57:y:1997:i:03:p:697-717_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.