Last Hired, First Fired? Unemployment and Urban Black Workers During the Great Depression
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher L. Foote & Warren C. Whatley & Gavin Wright, 2003.
"Arbitraging a Discriminatory Labor Market: Black Workers at the Ford Motor Company, 19181947,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(3), pages 493-532, July.
- Christopher L. Foote & Warren C. Whatley & Gavin Wright, 1998. "Arbritraging a Discriminatory Labor Market: Black Workers at the Ford Motor Company, 1918-1947," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1819, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Christopher L. Foote & Warren C. Whatley & Gavin Wright, 2001. "Arbitraging a Discriminatory Labor Market: Black Workers at the Ford Motor Company, 1918-1947," Working Papers 01009, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Neumann, Todd C. & Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn, 2010.
"The Dynamics of Relief Spending and the Private Urban Labor Market During the New Deal,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(01), pages 195-220, March.
- Todd C. Neumann & Price V. Fishback & Shawn Kantor, 2007. "The Dynamics of Relief Spending and the Private Urban Labor Market During the New Deal," NBER Working Papers 13692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sundstrom, William A., 2001. "Discouraging Times: The Labor Force Participation of Married Black Women, 1930-1940," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 123-146, January.
- Robert A. Margo, 1993. "Employment and Unemployment in the 1930s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 41-59, Spring.
- T. Aldrich Finegan & Robert A. Margo, 1993. "Added and Discouraged Workers in the Late 1930s: A Re-Examination," NBER Historical Working Papers 0045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kris Inwood & Chris Minns & Fraser Summerfield, 2016.
"Reverse assimilation? Immigrants in the Canadian labour market during the Great Depression,"
European Review of Economic History,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 299-321.
- Inwood, Kris & Minns, Chris & Summerfield, Fraser, 2014. "Reverse assimilation? Immigrants in the Canadian labour market during the Great Depression," Economic History Working Papers 57209, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Siddiqi, Arjumand & Jones, Marcella K. & Bruce, Donald J. & Erwin, Paul C., 2016. "Do racial inequities in infant mortality correspond to variations in societal conditions? A study of state-level income inequality in the U.S., 1992–2007," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 49-58.
- Daniel B. Jones & Werner Troesken & Randall Walsh, 2012. "A Poll Tax by any Other Name: The Political Economy of Disenfranchisement," NBER Working Papers 18612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:52:y:1992:i:02:p:415-429_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .