Challenges For Econometric Model Selection
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hong, Han & Preston, Bruce & Shum, Matthew, 2003. "Generalized Empirical Likelihood Based Model Selection Criteria For Moment Condition Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(06), pages 923-943, December.
- Leeb, Hannes & P tscher, Benedikt M., 2008.
"Can One Estimate The Unconditional Distribution Of Post-Model-Selection Estimators?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 338-376, April.
- Hannes Leeb & Benedikt M. Potscher, 2003. "Can One Estimate the Conditional Distribution of Post-Model-Selection Estimators?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1444, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Leeb, Hannes & Pötscher, Benedikt M., 2005. "Can One Estimate the Unconditional Distribution of Post-Model-Selection Estimators ?," MPRA Paper 72, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lewis, Richard & Reinsel, Gregory C., 1985. "Prediction of multivariate time series by autoregressive model fitting," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 393-411, June.
- Pötscher, B.M., 1991. "Effects of Model Selection on Inference," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 163-185, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomohiro Ando & Jushan Bai, 2015. "Asset Pricing with a General Multifactor Structure," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 13(3), pages 556-604.
- Erdenebat Bataa & Dong H. Kim & Denise R. Osborn, 2007. "Expectations Hypothesis Tests in the Presence of Model Uncertainty," Discussion Paper Series 0703, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Erdenebat Bataa & Dong H. Kim & Denise R. Osborn, 2006.
"A Further Examination of the Expectations Hypothesis for the Term Structure,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0611, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- E Bataa & D R Osborn & D H Kim, 2006. "A Further Examination of the Expectations Hypothesis for the Term Structure," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 72, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Faust, Jon & Gupta, Abhishek, 2010.
"Posterior Predictive Analysis for Evaluating DSGE Models,"
26721, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jon Faust & Abhishek Gupta, 2012. "Posterior Predictive Analysis for Evaluating DSGE Models," NBER Working Papers 17906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yongfu Huang, 2005. "What determines financial development?," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 05/580, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- McCloskey, Adam, 2017.
"Bonferroni-based size-correction for nonstandard testing problems,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 17-35.
- Adam McCloskey, 2012. "Bonferroni-Based Size-Correction for Nonstandard Testing Problems," Working Papers 2012-16, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Ulaşan, Bülent, 2012. "Cross-country growth empirics and model uncertainty: An overview," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 6, pages 1-69.
- De Luca, Giuseppe & Magnus, Jan R. & Peracchi, Franco, 2018.
"Weighted-average least squares estimation of generalized linear models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 204(1), pages 1-17.
- Giuseppe De Luca & Jan R. Magnus & Franco Peracchi, 2017. "Weighted-average least squares estimation of generalized linear models," EIEF Working Papers Series 1711, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Aug 2017.
- Giuseppe de Luca & Jan Magnus & Franco Peracchi, 2017. "Weighted-Average Least Squares Estimation of Generalized Linear Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-029/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Castle Jennifer L. & Doornik Jurgen A & Hendry David F., 2011. "Evaluating Automatic Model Selection," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Gupta, Abhishek, 2010. "A Forecasting Metric for Evaluating DSGE Models for Policy Analysis," MPRA Paper 26718, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcos Herrera & Jesus Mur & Manuel Ruiz-Marin, 2017. "A Comparison Study on Criteria to Select the Most Adequate Weighting Matrix," Working Papers 18, Instituto de Estudios Laborales y del Desarrollo Económico (IELDE) - Universidad Nacional de Salta - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Jurídicas y Sociales.
- Ng, Serena, 2013. "Variable Selection in Predictive Regressions," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Choi, Hwan-sik & Kiefer, Nicholas M., 2006. "Robust Model Selection in Dynamic Models with an Application to Comparing Predictive Accuracy," Working Papers 06-09, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Jon Faust, 2012. "DSGE Models: I Smell a Rat (and It Smells Good)," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(1), pages 53-64, March.
- Brownlees, Christian T. & Gallo, Giampiero M., 2011.
"Shrinkage estimation of semiparametric multiplicative error models,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 365-378, April.
- Brownlees, Christian T. & Gallo, Giampiero M., 2011. "Shrinkage estimation of semiparametric multiplicative error models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 365-378.
- Heij, C. & Groenen, P.J.F. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2006. "Time series forecasting by principal covariate regression," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2006-37, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Alexandre Belloni & Victor Chernozhukov & Christian Hansen, 2011.
"Inference for High-Dimensional Sparse Econometric Models,"
- Alexandre Belloni & Victor Chernozhukov & Christian Hansen, 2011. "Inference for high-dimensional sparse econometric models," CeMMAP working papers CWP41/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Giuseppe De Luca & Jan R. Magnus & Franco Peracchi, 2015.
"On the ambiguous consequences of omitting variables,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
1505, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2015.
- Giuseppe De Luca & Jan Magnus & Franco Peracchi, 2015. "On the Ambiguous Consequences of Omitting Variables," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-061/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Xinyu Zhang & Alan T. K. Wan & Sherry Z. Zhou, 2011. "Focused Information Criteria, Model Selection, and Model Averaging in a Tobit Model With a Nonzero Threshold," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 132-142, June.
- David Bywaters & Gareth Thomas, 2008. "Output Expectations and Forecasting of UK Manufacturing," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(2), pages 125-137, June.
- Ulaşan, Bülent, 2011. "Cross-country growth empirics and model uncertainty: An overview," Economics Discussion Papers 2011-37, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Pitarakis, J., 2004. "Model selection uncertainty and detection of threshold effects," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0409, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:21:y:2005:i:01:p:60-68_05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.