Irreversible Investment of the Risk- and Uncertainty-averse DM under k-Ignorance: The Role of BSDE
In this paper, the approach of BSDE will be employed to study the irreversible investment problem under k-ignorance when the DM is risk- and uncertainty-averse. For the case of logarithmic utility, we work out the explicit solutions of the value of the utilized patent, the value of the unutilized patent, and the value of the reservation profit. Furthermore, in view of numerical method, the effects of the risk and the uncertainty on the above three parameters are analyzed. All the comparative static results are consistent with our intuition.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jianjun Miao, 2004.
"Risk, uncertainty and option exercise,"
- Jianjun Miao & Neng Wang, 2010. "Risk, uncertainty,and option exercise," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2010-029, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jianjun Miao & Neng Wang, 2004. "Risk, Uncertainty, and Option Exercise," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-136, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jianjun Miao & Neng Wang, 2007. "Risk, Uncertainty, and Option Exercise," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-016, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry Epstein, 2002.
"Ambiguity, Risk, and Asset Returns in Continuous Time,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1403-1443, July.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry G. Epstein, 2000. "Ambiguity, risk and asset returns in continuous time," RCER Working Papers 474, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- repec:oup:restud:v:66:y:1999:i:3:p:579-608 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Ozaki, Hiroyuki, 2007. "Irreversible investment and Knightian uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 668-694, September.
- Chen, Zengjing & Kulperger, Reg, 2006. "Minimax pricing and Choquet pricing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 518-528, June.
- N. El Karoui & S. Peng & M. C. Quenez, 1997. "Backward Stochastic Differential Equations in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-71.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:journl:y:2010:v:11:i:2:p:313-335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.