Inflation Targeting: The New Zealand and Canadian Cases
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 13 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring/Summer)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1000 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington D.C. 20001-5403|
Phone: (202) 842-0200
Fax: (202) 842-3490
Web page: http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/
More information through EDIRC
- Stephen Kirchner, 1995. "Central Bank Independence and Accountability: The New Zealand Case," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 2(2), pages 169-180.
- Guy Debelle, 1998.
"Inflation Targeting in Practice,"
South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number occ23.
- Guy Debelle, 1997. "Inflation Targeting in Practice," IMF Working Papers 97/35, International Monetary Fund.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 1997. "Institutions for Monetary Stability," NBER Chapters,in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 307-334 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 1996. "Institutions for Monetary Stability," NBER Working Papers 5557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walsh, Carl E, 1995. "Is New Zealand's Reserve Bank Act of 1989 an Optimal Central Bank Contract?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1179-1191, November.
- Carl E. Walsh, 1994. "Is New Zealand's Reserve Bank Act of 1989 an optimal central bank contract?," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 94-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- George A. Kahn & Klara Parrish, 1998. "Conducting monetary policy with inflation targets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 5-32.
- James A. Dorn, 1993. "Introduction: Financial Deregulation in a Global Economy," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 13(2), pages 155-164, Winter.
- J.B Crihfield & J.H. Wood, 1995. "Private goals and monetary policy: inflation and resignations from the Federal Reserve Board," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(195), pages 441-460.
- Francisco Rosende, 1997. "La Autonomía del Banco Central una Vez Más," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 34(101), pages 3-26.
- Richard T. Freeman & Jonathan L. Willis, 1995. "Targeting inflation in the 1990s: recent challenges," International Finance Discussion Papers 525, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gruner, Hans Peter, 1997. "A Comparison of Three Institutions for Monetary Policy When Central Bankers Have Private Objectives," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 92(1-2), pages 127-143, July.
- Ron A. Sandrey & Grant M. Scobie, 1994. "Changing International Competitiveness and Trade: Recent Experience in New Zealand Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1041-1046.
- Arnold, Ivo J. M., 1996. "Stochastic trends in the long-run behavior of velocity: A new test of the institutional hypothesis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 623-641, December.
- William Poole, 1994. "Monetary aggregates targeting in a low-inflation economy," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 87-135.
- Guy Debelle, 1996. "The Ends of Three Small Inflations: Australia, New Zealand and Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 22(1), pages 56-78, March.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2015. "The Evolution of Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14611.
- J.B Crihfield & J.H. Wood, 1995. "Private goals and monetary policy: inflation and resignations from the Federal Reserve Board," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(195), pages 441-460.
- Fisher, Lance A, 1996. "Sources of Exchange Rate and Price Level Fluctuations in Two Commodity Exporting Countries: Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 72(219), pages 345-358, December.
- Carl E. Walsh, 1995. "Recent Central-Bank Reforms and the Role of Price Stability as the Sole Objective of Monetary Policy," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1995, Volume 10, pages 237-252 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emmanuel Carré, 2014. "The origins of inflation targeting regime: the science of central banking or the art of central bankers?," Cahiers d’économie politique / Papers in Political Economy, L'Harmattan, issue 66, pages 127-172.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cto:journl:v:13:y:1993:i:1:p:1-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emily Ekins)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed