Inflation Targeting in Practice
This paper offers a practical guide for the adoption of inflation targeting as a monetary policy strategy. It discusses the practical issues that have risen in the operation of an inflation targeting framework, and highlights the five major features of a framework: assignment of the target, interaction with other policy goals, definition of the target, accountability, and role of inflation forecasts. It concludes with an assessment of the economic performance of the inflation targeting countries.
|This book is provided by South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre in its series Occasional Papers with number occ23 and published in 1998.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 603-9195 1888
Fax: 603-9195 1801
Web page: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seacemy.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1993.
"Measuring Core Inflation,"
NBER Working Papers
4303, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin S. Feldstein, 1997.
"The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability,"
in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 123-166
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1996. "The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability," NBER Working Papers 5469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miguel A. Savastano & Paul R. Masson & Sunil Sharma, 1997. "The Scope for Inflation Targeting in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 97/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Andreas Fischer, 1993. "Inflation Targeting: The New Zealand and Canadian Cases," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 13(1), pages 1-27, Spring/Su.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sea:opaper:occ23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yunyee)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.