The Pension Tangle: Achieving Greater Uniformity of Pension Legislation and Regulation in Canada
Canada’s maze of differing pension regulations by province and territory discourages the creation of national, single-employer pension plans. Four options for reform – and greater harmonization – should be on the table.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 294 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 67 Yonge St., Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1J8|
Phone: (416) 865-1904
Fax: (416) 865-1866
Web page: http://www.cdhowe.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, John P. & Whitehouse, Edward, 2008.
"Reforming Retirement-Income Systems: Lessons from the Recent Experiences of OECD Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3521, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John P. Martin & Edward R. Whitehouse, 2008. "Reforming Retirement-Income Systems: Lessons from the Recent Experiences of OECD Countries," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 66, OECD Publishing.
- Marion Steele & Francois Des Rosiers, 2009. "Building Affordable Rental Housing in Unaffordable Cities: A Canadian Low-Income Housing Tax Credit," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 289, May.
- Pierre L. Siklos, 2009. "As Good As It Gets? The International Dimension to Canada's Monetary Policy Strategy Choices," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 292, July.
- Michael Hart, 2009. "Potholes and Paperwork: Improving Cross-Border Integration and Regulation of the Automotive Industry," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 286, April.
- Colin Busby & Alexandre Laurin & David Gray, 2009. "Back to Basics: Restoring Equity and Efficiency in the EI Program - EI Reform Part II," e-briefs 84, C.D. Howe Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:commen:294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.