Growth Oriented Sales Tax Reform for Ontario: Replacing the Retail Sales Tax with a 7.5 Percent Value-Added Tax
Ontario should scrap its antiquated retail sales tax, and opt for a made-in-Ontario valued-added tax (VAT) that would improve fairness, encourage investment and wage growth, and reduce administrative costs for government and for business.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 273 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 67 Yonge St., Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1J8|
Phone: (416) 865-1904
Fax: (416) 865-1866
Web page: http://www.cdhowe.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bird,Richard, 2011.
"The VAT in Developing and Transitional Countries,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107401440, December.
- Bird,Richard & Gendron,Pierre-Pascal, 2007. "The VAT in Developing and Transitional Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521877657, December.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Roger H. Gordon, 2002. "Taxation of Financial Services under a VAT," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 411-416, May.
- Zee, Howell H., 2005. "A New Approach to Taxing Financial Intermediation Services Under a Value–Added Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 58(1), pages 77-92, March.
- Howell H Zee, 2004. "A New Approach to Taxing Financial Intermediation Services Under a Value Added Tax," IMF Working Papers 04/119, International Monetary Fund.
- Bird, Richard M. & Mintz, Jack M. & Wilson, Thomas A., 2006. "Coordinating Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes: Lessons From the Canadian Experience," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 59(4), pages 889-903, December.
- Richard M. Bird & Jack M. Mintz & Thomas A. Wilson, 2006. "Coordinating Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes: Lessons from the Canadian Experience," International Tax Program Papers 0607, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Keen, Michael & Mintz, Jack, 2004. "The optimal threshold for a value-added tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 559-576, March.
- Frank Milne, 2008. "Anatomy of the Credit Crisis: The role of Faulty Risk Management Systems," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 269, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)