L'évolution du taux d'épargne des ménages dans quelques pays de l'OCDE une interprétation basée sur les déterminants de moyen terme
From a panel data study in OECD countries we try to determine the medium-term factors explaining the evolution of households saving. This approach enables to take into account the impact of medium-term factors, such as public saving or demography, that are difficult to identify in a time-series approach. It also enables to test heterogeneity between countries and to draw a comparison between them. This study proves in particular the impact of Ricardian equivalence and of demography on the evolution of households saving during the past ten years.
Volume (Year): 113 (2003)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-politique.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- International Monetary Fund, 1999.
"Neglected Heterogeneity and Dynamics in Cross-Country Savings Regressions,"
IMF Working Papers
99/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Haque, N. U. & Pesaran, M. H. & Sharma, Sunil, 1999. "Neglected Heterogeneity and Dynamics in Cross-country Savings Regressions," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9904, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Masson, Paul R & Bayoumi, Tamim & Samiei, Hossein, 1998.
"International Evidence on the Determinants of Private Saving,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 12(3), pages 483-501, September.
- Paul R Masson & Tamim Bayoumi & Hossein Samiei, 1995. "International Evidenceon the Determinants of Private Saving," IMF Working Papers 95/51, International Monetary Fund.
- Vito Tanzi & Howell H. Zee, 2000.
"Taxation and the household saving rate: evidence from OECD countries,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(212), pages 31-43.
- Vito Tanzi & Howell H. Zee, 2000. "Taxation and the household saving rate: evidence from OECD countries," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(212), pages 31-43.
- Howell H Zee & Vito Tanzi, 1998. "Taxation and the Household Saving Rate; Evidence from OECD Countries," IMF Working Papers 98/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Tim Callen & Christian Thimann, 1997. "Empirical Determinants of Household Saving; Evidence From OECD Countries," IMF Working Papers 97/181, International Monetary Fund.
- Alain Pirotte, 1996. "Estimation de relations de long terme sur données de panel : nouveaux résultats," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 126(5), pages 143-161.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988.
"The Ricardian Approach to Budget Deficits,"
728, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Pierre Sicsic & Jean-Pierre Villetelle, 1995. "Du nouveau sur le taux d'épargne des ménages ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 121(5), pages 59-64.
- Alun H. Thomas, 2001. "An Exploration of the Private Sector Response to Changes in Government Saving Across OECD Countries," IMF Working Papers 01/69, International Monetary Fund.
- Barro, Robert J., 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Xavier Bonnet & Eric Dubois, 1995. "Peut-on comprendre la hausse imprévue du taux d'épargne des ménages depuis 1990 ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 121(5), pages 39-58.
- Laurence Boone & Claude Giorno & Pete Richardson, 1998. "Stock Market Fluctuations and Consumption Behaviour: Some Recent Evidence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 208, OECD Publishing.
- Seater, John J, 1993. "Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 142-190, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:repdal:redp_136_0829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.