Taxes antidumping et règle des faits disponibles
Because of the high duties it imposes on imported goods, the antidumping procedure has become an important impediment to free trade. A possible explanation for these high taxes is the ?facts available?? rule that allows the agency that administer antidumping to set charges on the basis of information provided solely by domestic firms. This paper focuses on this important feature of the duty determination process. Taking into account a ?domestic politics?? effect through a bias toward domestic firms in the agency?s preferences, we show that the facts available rule can imply high antidumping duties both directly and indirectly. Classification JEL : F13, D82.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gasmi, Farid & Hansen, Wendy L. & Laffont, Jean Jacques, 1997. "Une analyse empirique des décisions en matière d’antidumping aux États-Unis," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 73(1), pages 423-456, mars-juin.
- Philippe Kohler & Michael O. Moore, 2001. "Injury-Based Protection with Auditing under Imperfect Information," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(1), pages 42-59, July.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2003.
"Evolving Discretionary Practices of U.S Antidumping Activity,"
NBER Working Papers
9625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2006. "Evolving discretionary practices of U.S. antidumping activity," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(3), pages 874-900, August.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2002. "Evolving Discretionary Practices of U.S. Antidumping Activity," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2003-20, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Aug 2003.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Thomas J. Prusa, 2001. "Antidumping," NBER Working Papers 8398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vincent Aussilloux & Gilles Mourre, 2001. "Une révision souhaitable de la procédure antidumping à l'OMC," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 15(4), pages 19-53.
- Moore, Michael O., 2005. ""Facts available" dumping allegations: when will foreign firms cooperate in antidumping petitions?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 185-204, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:recosp:reco_575_1053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.